Also Login issues

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Also Login issues

Postby hhhenry » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:30 pm

I have had the same problem for a long time. It loses the stored password. Entering my password lets me in and the stored password will work for a while (hours? few days?) But, when I come back after an absence, same problem.

Mod Note: This off topic conversation has been split from another, unrelated thread.
Last edited by Tsar Hoikas on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note 1
hhhenry

Re: Also Login issues

Postby hhhenry » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:04 pm

mine is 9 characters, always has been
hhhenry

Postby Deledrius » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:37 pm

hhhenry wrote:I have had the same problem for a long time. It loses the stored password. Entering my password lets me in and the stored password will work for a while (hours? few days?) But, when I come back after an absence, same problem.

hhhenry wrote:mine is 9 characters, always has been

You are having a completely different problem which is off-topic for this thread; I was responding to BrokenModule.

Are you talking about the game client, or the forum? What Operating System are you using?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby hhhenry » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:43 pm

I think it is the same problem, logging into the game client. I get the same message, type in my password (with save password checked), and I'm in. Later that day, no problem. Some days later, same problem. Win7 Pro
hhhenry

Gehn.25 Live!

Postby hhhenry » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Not quite. The logon issue still remains unchanged. If I login in after an absence, it fails. If I then fill in my password, if works until..oh... the next day or so.
I did get thru the annoy temple and to minkata. I will make a new avatar and test from the beginning.

Mod Note: This off topic message was split from another, unrelated thread.
Last edited by Tsar Hoikas on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note 2
hhhenry

Re: Gehn.25 Live!

Postby hhhenry » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:42 pm

1. Found the login problem. It happens after I take out the trash, deleting tmp files etc, ccleaner.
2.Tested all things I can solo except the pod journey gates. Did not find the soccer ball in Minkata (but it was really dusty)
hhhenry

Also Login issues

Postby hhhenry » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Reposting. Same message. Discovered that when I took out the trash - deleted tmp files on my computer, it forgot my password. Simply entering did the job. I suspect something is stored in a .tmp file that should be in a something else.
hhhenry

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm

According to your post here, your "Crap Cleaner" software is evidently removing critical game information. You appear to have a choice... Run "Crap Cleaner" and have to reenter the login information or not use this defective software and keep your login information. The choice is yours ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Gehn Shard