Those New Ages on the Horizon?

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Those New Ages on the Horizon?

Postby Jaruku` » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:54 pm

They're finally here on Deep Island and brought to you by The New Age Project and it gives us great pleasure to present them to you for exploration and puzzle solving. There are 4 ages with game play in 3 of those ages. There is only one way to get to them and it's through Laki'anay on your Relto bookshelf or the Nexus. After solving many issues with multi players, I believed it was finally ready for Deep Island, sorry it took so long. We hope your experience with our ages is a good one!
Jaruku`

Re: Those New Ages on the Horizon?

Postby Deledrius » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Excellent! I look forward to exploring them!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:50 am

I look forward too ! Congrats ! :D
Sirius

Postby Dulcamara » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:17 am

I think the players will have their bright joy. :) :) :)

A wonderful arangement of four beautiful ages ( I have my favorite, of course), good puzzle. Everything is well thought out and successful.
Congratulation for this incredibel work. :)

Greetings
Dulcamara (one of your greatest fans, Jaruku )
Dulcamara

Postby Annabelle » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:40 pm

So far so good! I crashed in the 3rd age I visited. It's getting late so it will be all for me today. I need to go back in the 2nd age and take pictures. It is always great to see new fan ages. I played under the patronage of Jaruku himself. I linked there, played in the water... and then went to eat my supper. When I came back, Jaruku was there with Rocketdog. He helped me advance to the 2nd age.

Those ages are well-built too. I didn't see any flickering textures or glitch, the cameras move with ease between grand pan and normal gameplay sequences, controls and switches work well. What I don't know yet is the extent of the scenery versus the normal playfield. We are kept in a rather small area in each age so maybe what we see is just void making it less laggy. The animation sequences are smooth. There are some "grand pan" sequences which are awesome (or God's point of view sequences). I'll keep exploring these new fan ages! :D

EDIT: The ages are on Deep Island Shard. That's where I played last night!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Annabelle » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am

Great! I finally found the lockpad combination :D

You really have to be observant. Yesterday, Rocketdog opened the door for us, Grandbad and I. So we were able to finish the group of ages without solving the main puzzle. Very well done ages! The main puzzle is hard but everything can be found by observation and exploration. One thing I didn't mention in my previous post, you can ride a helicopter-hoover engine in Laki'anay and you can also swim around the port (I mean not on the side of strong currents, on the side of the big fishes).

There could be new ages added but chatting with Rocketdog, he seems to dislike the coding engine used for those 4 ages so for now it's on halt. Despite that, their ages (because it's a team project) are well-thought and well-built. I can only think of one minor flaw involving a ladder where the avatar is a little bit off the centre deep inside Giloto age.

I encourage you, boys and girls of all ages and others too, to visit and solve those 4 new ages. I didn't keep the count lately, but we have most likely over 140 fan ages going toward 150! It's hard because some shards have more, some have less.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Jaruku` » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm really glad to hear you all are enjoying this. The helicopter hover engine is called the "airboat" because that's what Glo called it so that became it's official name. Now the thing about Rocketdog goes into the realm of the outer edges of the twilight zone with all the problems he encountered with 3DSMax and Cyan's pluggin. He did say something about maybe building another age with a newer version of 3DS but I can't say for sure. I used Blender and I'm planning on building more ages since the next age will be so much quicker and easier. With Laki'anay, I had to learn it all. If it weren't for Dulcamara's help with the Alcscript codes, I probably would of had to give up. Anyway, there's a book on a pedestal behind some bars at the end, that's the next age.
Jaruku`

Postby Annabelle » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Oh ok. Maybe Rocketdog has been talking for himself, his own experience. I thought he was implying the team.

I read something about "A new pathway will come soon" in the last book. I guess that's that. Glad to hear new content will follow! :)

---

On a side note: I did the count of fan ages on all the shards I have access to (3 alcugs-based shards and 4 MOUL-based shards), I counted 151 8-). Those are ages published and accessible by anyone, not private age. No double counting, it includes "sub-ages" for example Skysong accessible only through Ahra Pahts or Cholanay accesible only through Laki'anay
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Toki » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Shorah!!

Is this Age playable with OfflineKI (Drizzle)?
(Laki'anay)
Or is it impossible without Deep Island Shard?

Thanks,
Toki
Toki

Postby Jaruku` » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Yes, you can download it from the Deep Island UAM Database but I would wait because I'm coming out with a special version for Complete Chronicles along with instructions on how to install the ages. I will post it here. The special version will be slightly different and unique such as I had to delete the swim region in Argosy since it was interfering with the amount of explorers linking to it in the shard, the other version will have the swim region and much more. I should have it ready in a month to download.
Jaruku`

Next

Return to Building