Deep Island Shard on Mac (Sierra and High Sierra)

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Deep Island Shard on Mac (Sierra and High Sierra)

Postby boblishman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:09 am

Hi Guys,

I can no longer get into Deep Island on my Mac. I'm running Sierra (10.12.3) and it crashes on the startup "Uru.exe has encountered ....etc"

Is anyone able to get into DI with a Mac running Sierra and if so, which Wine wrapper are you using (2.6.2 ? ) and which engine?

Thanks for any help...

Bob

[EDIT]: 27th Sept 2017 - Installing High Sierra needs you to adjust your existing wrapper's 'Set Screen Options'. Here are the instructions
Last edited by boblishman on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Re: Deep Island Shard on Mac (Sierra)

Postby Korovev » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

I haven’t updated to Sierra yet, and unfortunately I cannot reproduce your issue, as my old wrapper works for me. Here are a couple more to try out, based on Wineskin 2.6.2 with Wine version 1.5.0 (which is known to also solve the white noise issue) and CX14.0.0. They should of course work for the offline game, Deep Island and TOC TPotS.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Pia123 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 am

Hi, are there instructions how to install Deep Island on Mac? Is it similar to MOULa on the Cyan shard?
Thanks.
Pia123 :)
---------------------
MOULa KI# 185793
Pia123

Postby Korovev » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:30 am

It’s a bit more complicate, because first you will need to install Uru: Complete Chronicles. It’s a Windows-only game, so you will need a wrapper; I might be a bit biased, but I suggest using mine ;) .

You will need to know how to open the wrapper, i.e. right-click on it and select Show Package Content.

I wrote a step-by-step guide to use the wrapper to install the game (it’s easier than it looks!). Let me know if there’s anything unclear. Have a look at the whole thread, if you have time.

Once you have Uru: CC ready, the procedure is the same as for Windows: download the patcher, unpack it, then copy the files in the Uru: CC folder, then point the wrapper to Uru.exe (there should be no need to set a compatibility mode with the wrapper).
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby boblishman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:21 am

None of my Wineskin Wrappers now work since installing High Sierra. The only shard that does work is the MOULa CIDER wrapper.

The Wineskin wrapper start and then just hang. They don't even show as "not responding" in the Force Quit box .... they just sit there....doing nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob
boblishman

Postby boblishman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:22 am

OK....panic over.

I had to UNTICK all the screen tick options (decorate windows etc) and with some Wineskin games/shards I had to try various screen options until I found one that worked.

Anyway, I can now access ALL the shards and also a couple of old legacy Windoze programs and other games which were also hanging.I didn't need to change any engines or wrappers ....just screen options.

I guess they did something with the graphic configurations/setting/metal in High Sierra.

I can now relax .... :roll:
boblishman

Return to Deep Island