Using non-global animation -> Avatar stuck

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Using non-global animation -> Avatar stuck

Postby Maroonroon » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:22 am

Hello;

I try to use the non-global animation "SwimDockExit" and it works, but when it ends the avatar is stuck (I can use flymode, but that's all).

AlcScript and Python:
Show Spoiler

Is my Python file loaded automaticaly when I enter the Age, or do I have to load it (and then, how), please?
Maroonroon

Re: Using non-global animation -> Avatar stuck

Postby boblishman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:21 am

Try moving the seek point a bit higher up or not so close to the mesh.
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Maroonroon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:42 am

Thanks for your message boblishman.

- I tried with no other mesh than the floor, the region and the seekpoint (at floor height): the animation was looping.
- I moved the seekpoint to the edge of the region (away from the avatar): the first time, the animation worked fine; the second time, the animation was looping.
- I moved the region's ObData to its center (it was away from it, the seekpoint was between the ObData and the region itself) and it works. :)

Now I have to find at which height under the water height (and maybe which distance from the floor side), I have to put the seekpoint.

Edit: I don't find and everytime I try, the avatar is stuck...
Does someone have a blend file with the following objects to send me, please? (No texture or script needed, it's simply to see how to manage my objetcs and the different ObDatas.)

Water:
- water waveset
- water region swim detect region
- swim region swim area region

Floor:
- floor
- floor collider

SwimDockExit avatar animation:
- swim exit region
- seekpoint empty

Edit 2: Nobody? :? Please...
Edit 3: See "Water: ; Floor: ; SwimDockExit avatar animation:" adds, and "xxxxx" words (for more precision).
Last edited by Maroonroon on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maroonroon

Postby dendwaler » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:33 am

I made an example back in 2010 of how to make a waveset in an easy way.
There is no specific enter or exit region , but it works anyway.
Maybe you can use it.

Its still available for download in this thread, the fifth post.

https://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4640&hilit=example
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Maroonroon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Thanks for your message dendwaler.

My waveset was already set like yours.
The problem don't seems to come from it, but from the "swim exit region" or the "seekpoint empty" or their ObDatas or maybe the ObData of another object I listed in my previous message. :? (I added an "edit 3" in it.)

Edit: blend, py and pak, minimalists files. [File removed.]
Last edited by Maroonroon on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maroonroon

Postby dendwaler » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:07 am

I had a look into the blendfile, and noticed what might be the problem.
I think it is the way that you did setup several regions.
Regions must always fully encompass other regions and not have any overlap or shared planes with other regions.

In your example the swim detect region is exactly on the level with the top of the swimRegion.(volume)
This top should be higher. You can make it even higher than the top of Ladder1RgnTop, it does not matter.
It is even possible to make 2 swimdetectregions (planes) on different levels inside only 1 swimregion.

The swimexit region shares its toplevel with the swimregion, it should be lower but that is also solved if you raise the top of the swimregion.

Unfortunately i can not try it myself at this moment, because i have 2.49b not longer installed on my pc. and then i also have to install the old python again etc.

I hope this helps.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Maroonroon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:18 am

Thanks dendwaler, I'll try that.

Edit:
dendwaler wrote:Regions must always fully encompass other regions and not have any overlap or shared planes with other regions.
In your example the swim detect region is exactly on the level with the top of the swimRegion.(volume)
This top should be higher.

Ah, ok... Thanks. I raised the top of "SwimDetectRegion".

dendwaler wrote:You can make it even higher than the top of Ladder1RgnTop, it does not matter.

This, seems to be wrong...
If I put "Ladder1RgnTop" (or "Ladder1RgnBottom") inside "SwimDetectRegion", I can't climb up (or down) the ladder. :?

dendwaler wrote:It is even possible to make 2 swimdetectregions (planes) on different levels inside only 1 swimregion.

You meant that "it is even possible to make 2 swimregions (planes) on different levels inside only 1 swimdetectregion", right? Ok.

dendwaler wrote:The swimexit region shares its toplevel with the swimregion, it should be lower but that is also solved if you raise the top of the swimregion.

Ok, I lowered the top of "SwimExitRegion".

dendwaler wrote:I hope this helps.

Yes it does ; with those informations, I managed to make this avatar animation really work, thank you very much dendwaler! :)

But it seems that, in my blend file:
- The Obdata of "Ladder1RgnBottom" have to be at floor level.
- The floor have to be inside "SwimDetectRegion" (using the grid, at least at 0.01 unit under the top of "SwimDetectRegion"). If not, the avatar is stuck after the animation.
- "Ladder1RgnBottom" don't work if it's inside "SwimDetectRegion"...

So, If I use "SwimDetectRegion" (needed), I can't use the ladder (not really needed) ; I'll remove the ladder and raise the water level. :idea:

Again, thank you very much. :)

* This topic should be moved to Building section, sorry.
Maroonroon

Return to Scripting