Historic overview of previous work on PRPGUI

Moderators: Trylon, Paradox

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:54 am

To be honest, I've had a lot of schoolwork. I haven't had a chance to even look at that thing since that alpha release. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

I'm going to guess that one of your bugs is a crash when selecting a camera or other non-mesh object, right? I know about that, I forgot to mention it in the releas notes. It's a simple fix, I've just been lazy about it :). Go ahead and post your bugs, though. I'll try to get to them if I have a chance.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Branan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:03 pm

So much for my "End-of-october" guess.

To put it simply, I've had school. I've done a couple of things to the GUI, but I haven't comitted them yet, since they're still very, very broken. I think I broke a couple of working things implementing them, too. That's how long it's been since I looked at the code. I don't even remember what I added, and what I broke.

I expect I'll have time to work on it during Christmas break. With homework, I've kind of had to choose between working on PrpGUI, and having something resembling a life (no offense meant, of course). I hope I'll find some time to work on it before the end of the year, but at this point, I'll be lucky to get it done by New Years.

Anyway, I just wanted to apologize to everyone who's been looking forward to this, and to everyone who's given me feedback and ideas. If anyone wants to do some work on the project, that's awesome. but please contact me first, so I can go over the plans I have, coding style, and so forth. For now, at least, I intend to remain the self-appointed (B)DFL of the PrpGUI project.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Branan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:03 am

I'm on christmas break, so I'm going to try to get some work done on PRPgui... Hopefully I can remember how all my code works...

Anyway, if anyone has any requests for what I get up and running first, now's the time to ask, as I'm going to forego Live this afternoon to get back up to speed with my code, then it's back to work on it.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Paradox » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:45 pm

Drop by the IRC Channel and we'll bring you up to speed on what's been happening lately :D
Paradox

Postby Branan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:38 am

Despite all of my best efforts to comment my code well, I can't decipher the blasted GUI script. I have a general idea of how it works, but I definitely can't just pick up where I left off...

Given that the next version of Blender is going to have an event-system refactor (which will make many things much easier), and that we're all still waiting for Cyan/GT to give us info on how to do work for Live, I'm now officially putting the project on hold. When the next version of Blender comes out, or at least when the event stuff is in SVN, I'll start again from the beginning, without some of the horrible hacks that make the code nearly impossible for me to understand.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby TomahnaGuy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:32 am

The post above this one is

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please delete it and return to normal life on this board.

Thank you

The spam detector :blink: :D

(Deleted B) -B.)
TomahnaGuy

Re: An Update on Not Updating

Postby Trylon » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:49 am

This post is stored only for historical purposes.
As of recently, I have taken over here for a PyPRP journal.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Previous

Return to Scripting Journal