Korman's logic nodes

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Korman's logic nodes

Postby Aloys » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:07 am

I've got a small test Age running with Korman and for the most part it works great and it was really easy to setup. Now I'm trying to get into the more interesting topic of actual gameplay.
Right now I'm pulling my hair on OneShot animation. I can't figure out how to make it work. I've followed the wiki as close as possible, and it just doesn't work. I could get a sitting mod to work mostly fine, but my OneShot test won't work. Since I didn't dabble too deeply with responders and such with Alcscript I'm starting from scratch..
Here is my scene.
I've made my node tree after the wiki (here) attached my node tree to the empty, like I did for the sitting mod, but I don't get where I'm supposed to reference the region?
All my objects have their scale/rotation applied and have their 'Plasma object' checked.
Aloys

Re: Korman's logic nodes

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:28 pm

You've got the one shot set up correctly, it seems. However, you don't have a condition on the respeonder. The responder will not actually activate the oneshot unless you have a condition for it to test against. You'll want to add a Condition > Clickable node and link it to the responder's condition slot.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Aloys » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:08 pm

That makes sense. I had to fiddle a bit, but I did this and it works now; thanks.
Aloys

Postby kovich » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:43 am

After weeks of trying to use the tutorial to make my KI slot work I ran across your post for one shot button. I applied the same nodes and assigned to my objects. Works great. Oh BTW I'm super new to all of this, using blender 2.79, the recommended Python and the Korman add-on. Most of what I have learned is by reading about what folks used to do with earlier versions of blender and Pyprp and trying to adapt them to the new. Tks again
kovich

Postby Deledrius » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:43 am

kovich wrote:Most of what I have learned is by reading about what folks used to do with earlier versions of blender and Pyprp and trying to adapt them to the new.

Some of that information (mostly as it applies to how Uru works in general) can be useful, but be careful following it too closely; Korman is designed to be much friendlier to use through incorporating Blender's paradigms whenever possible for consistency, and hiding a lot of the idiosyncrasies of the Plasma engine.

Sadly, there isn't yet as much documentation for Korman as it's newer than PyPRP and the community is much smaller than it used to be. Feel free to ask specific questions if you need help!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby kovich » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:29 am

Tks for the reply. There is a lot to learn. My test age is coming along, still have to work on some texture issues. I've been using the Animation.zip to see how to lay out the simple one shots
Just did the Floor level one and after export tried it out. My avatar was able to see the clickable and pull the lever however after the lever move back he slides into the floor about up to his knees (lol) this is the node tree I used,
Attachments
FloorLevelOneShot.png
here
FloorLevelOneShot.png (194.49 KiB) Viewed 6282 times
kovich

Postby Doobes » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:31 pm

kovich wrote:My avatar was able to see the clickable and pull the lever however after the lever move back he slides into the floor about up to his knees (lol)

Can your avatar get itself back out of the floor by jumping out of it? If so, I'm guessing your One Shot empty is just below the collider object on which the avatar walks. If you move your one shot and clickable a hair above the solid floor, that should solve the problem.

Let us know if that works! And feel free to keep asking questions. I, for one, love helping newcomers to the Age building experience. :)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby boblishman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:48 am

Just a quick "reminder" from us MacOS guys. Any progress on a Mac version of Korman?
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Deledrius » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:00 pm

boblishman wrote:Just a quick "reminder" from us MacOS guys. Any progress on a Mac version of Korman?

A bit off-topic for this thread, but thanks for the reminder. I'll give it another try and see if the situation has improved. I really wish I could find out what is causing the library mismatch, but hopefully it will have resolved itself and we can make a proper release for you!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby boblishman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:59 pm

If you can get this working for me then I'll name my next Age after you!
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Next

Return to Scripting