Dirtsand Early 2018

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Dirtsand Early 2018

Postby J'Kla » Fri May 11, 2018 3:41 am

I followed the suggestion of trying bin/dirtsand dirtsand.ini and Linux spat out it’s dummy (pacifier) and gave me the response.

/bin/dirtsand: no such file or directory

Now I remembered from creating the RC4 keys that the bin folder for the “interactive console” was actually located in /opt/dirtsand/dirtsand So I tried

Code: Select all
dirtsand/bin/dirtsand dirtsand.ini

This time I got the following

[SDL] Warning: No SDL descriptors found!
[Game] Warning: No age descriptors found!
[Lobby] Running on 0.0.0.0/14617
[Status] Running on 0.0.0.0/8080
ds-918> Error connecting to postgres: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "dirtsand"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "dirtsand"

I decided to have a deeper look at dirtsand.ini at the bottom I found the following.

# Paths to server data
File.Root = /opt/dirtsand/data
Auth.Root = /opt/dirtsand/authdata
Sdl.Path = /opt/dirtsand/SDL
Age.Path = /opt/dirtsand/ages

# Postgres options -- You need to add a user before this will work
Db.Host = localhost
Db.Port = 5432
Db.Username = dirtsand
Db.Password = MySuperSecretPassword
Db.Database = dirtsand

From this I see that I probably need to change the line MySuperSecretPassword to match my postgresql password for the user dirtsand.

Also that the paths to the server data are looking for sub folders of /opt/dirtsand named:

data
authdata
SDL
ages

So I changed the Db.Password and created the four sub folders figuring I will figure what they need down the line and this time when I try the command “dirtsand/bin/dirtsand dirtsand.ini”

This time I get a ds918> prompt and addacct returns to the prompt after it has been fed some data.

Previously it had been a green hanging cursor waiting for some input that I could only escape with [Ctrl][c]

Now I recon all I need is something to stuff those four folders.

I have to feel I am getting ever closer. ;)
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Fri May 11, 2018 4:13 am

J'Kla wrote:I followed the suggestion of trying bin/dirtsand dirtsand.ini and Linux spat out it’s dummy (pacifier) and gave me the response.

/bin/dirtsand: no such file or directory

bin/dirtsand and /bin/dirtsand are not the same path. Be careful about adding or removing that initial slash, as it carries much power and meaning in Linux!

The former is a path relative to the current working directory, and the latter is absolute, starting from the filesystem root. This is why I said "I have mine in /opt/dirtsand/, and I start the server in that directory with the command bin/dirtsand dirtsand.ini". Assuming you followed the directions as given, this should match your setup as well. The executable's full path is /opt/dirtsand/bin/dirtsand for the server.

J'Kla wrote:Now I recon all I need is something to stuff those four folders.

I have to feel I am getting ever closer. ;)

Hooray! You are nearly there!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Fri May 11, 2018 6:46 am

Doh!

Typo I missed a directory level in the creation of the copy of dirtsand.sample.ini so it was created in /opt/dirtsand and not where it should have been /opt/dirtsand/dirtsand

but I am I right in thinking the folders

data
authdata
SDL
ages

Should be in /opt/dirtsand because that is what I am picking up from the paths that I am seeing in dirtsand.sample.ini and in the github notes.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Fri May 11, 2018 11:37 am

J'Kla wrote:but I am I right in thinking the folders data, authdata, SDL, ages, should be in /opt/dirtsand because that is what I am picking up from the paths that I am seeing in dirtsand.sample.ini and in the github notes.

Correct. It's your /opt/dirtsand/dirtsand that seems to be incorrect.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Sun May 13, 2018 1:55 am

I am a lot closer Now I am getting a login and the spining dots then a popup window that says.

Network error 5,Network Connection Failed.
protocol: Game Server

I am satisfied I am a lot closer and that at least I am getting a login. :)
J'Kla

Postby Korovev » Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 am

I got curious, so I’m trying too :) (On a VirtualBox Lubuntu).

I used Deledrius’ commands, except I used

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/dirtsand ..

otherwise cmake tries to install it in /usr/bin .

However, when it comes to generate the RC4 keys, I get:

error while loading shared libraries: libstring_theory.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But I do have libstring_theory.so.2 in /usr/local/lib .
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby J'Kla » Tue May 15, 2018 1:28 am

I am a lot closer I am well past the RC4 keys I will have a set of instructions soon I believe what I actually need is the SDL files for the server something in the latest instructions posted my Deledrius contained the following

Provide data for the client to use:

The most important data for the client are the auth server provided files -- specifically, the SDL and python.pak. External Plasma clients require these files in order to function, so you will need to provide them unless you are planning on making your server only work with Internal client builds.

Generating or acquiring these files is currently outside the scope of this document, but you can find more information on that process at the moul-scripts github project page.

I don't think this was actually written by Deledrius I think Deledrius was only posting a link however saying something is outside the scope of a document when it is a requirement makes for a frustrating document.

I followed the link provided and I have grabbed the moul-scripts and I will try stuffing these into the folder I suspect I need to use.

[edit]
OK I followed the link to the moul-scripts grabbed the data as a zip and unpacked this data

I got three folders

dat
SDL
Python

plus three files

.gitignore
COPYING.txt
Licence.txt

There is no issue about where I stuff the SDL files

The problem comes with the dat folder this contains .age and .fni so I am unsure if this goes in data or in ages or should I split this into .age and .fni and put them in different locations

The documentation seems to suggest the Python folder should be a sub directory of /opt/dirtsand and this also talks about NTD encrypted but gives no instructions on how to achieve that encryption.

As it happens I am in the process of another clean build I will post anything I discover here.
[/edit]
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Tue May 15, 2018 3:28 am

Here is my install Method Hidden behind the spoiler tags just to make it a tidier post.

Go to page 5 of this thread for the tidier version of this method that is lets just say more Noob friendly. ;)

Show Spoiler
Last edited by J'Kla on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Thu May 17, 2018 12:13 am

I am still having issues with this install but a combination of a discussion wit Mystler (Destiny Shard) and some documentation on the sandbox shard threw up a couple of ideas.

One of which was could it have been that it was caused by using 64 bit install of Ubuntu I know that Deledrius suggested Ubuntu Desktop but its overhead on the poor grade server that I have is an issue the desktop just brings too much baggage but the Desktop is available as 32 bit install.

I went back and looked Delerius said he had tried and installed successfully using Ubuntu server in an earlier post and since Ubuntu 18.04 is only availabe as 64bit I have to assume that is an OK option

I suspect my issues are with the data aspects because I am getting to a point where I have a User logged in and an avatar name and gender it just fails when I try to customize the avatar (before it even starts) I may try this with another PC and see what I can do with a 32 bit install. I may also do a quick trial with Debian as it is my normal Linux server of choice and see if that plays with the method.
Last edited by J'Kla on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Thu May 17, 2018 5:25 am

UPDATE

I have managed to get to the same point as the Ubuntu 18.04 install using the instructions above with a copy Of Debian KDE 64bit 9.3.0 that I happen to have lying around.

It did need a couple of changes but nothing major the Update Upgrade cycle took ages because of the Desktop overhead for the default user if you miss out a root password it makes the user you create a sudo member by default

You need to manually install openssh-server with

$ sudo apt-get install openssh-server

This allows putty access and reduces the start time while your doing your dirtsand install the only other change is the php install changes from php7.2 to php7.0 and it is hardly that profound version 7.2 is not native YET!

There was no other changes but I still get to a stage where I am connecting as a user creating an Avatar name and password and at that point I get the stupid

Network error5, Network Connection Failed.
protocol: Game Server

Now I think this has to be something to do with my .ini settings or the contents of the ages, data, authdata or SDL foldes and I still scrabbling on where to put the Python stuff.

I know its not my logging in PC because that logs in and perfectly runs Destiny which is just another dirtsand shard accessed over the internet. :?
J'Kla

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development