Vault Control

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Vault Control

Postby J'Kla » Wed May 23, 2018 1:49 am

Back in the day when we were still using Until Uru some of the shard admins had access to Vault control and were able to change things in the game.

Now as you may or may not know I have been thrashing around getting instructions together so that idiots like me can build their own LAN based dirtsand playgrounds.

I suppose this may be a simple as a Yes answer but is the Plasma Console currently accessible within dirtsand that vault control?

Or is there some other tool for that job?
J'Kla

Re: Vault Control

Postby Deledrius » Wed May 23, 2018 3:50 am

I believe MoulKI is the current best option for live server vault administration. It hasn't been updated in a while, so it may need some fixes (and instructions) too.

Most of the time, I've been able to do what I need through the Plasma Console (that's the one accessible in the client, not the dirtsand console).

Edit: Yup, MoulKI needs some updates to get it in sync with recent changes to the libraries upon which it depends. I've made a note of this so we can fix it.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Wed May 23, 2018 5:00 am

Thanks Deledrius.

I can run with the client based Plasma console for the time being as I am already familiar with access as I use it to link to my fan ages on Destiny.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Wed May 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Meanwhile, if you need to set up the state of your server's global SDL (such as which doors and barriers are open in the city, etc.) you can use the globalsdl command in the dirtsand console.

Code: Select all
globalsdl <ageName> <variable> <value>

So to turn on the Menorah on the Takotah rooftop, for instance:

globalsdl city islmMinorahVis 1

Or to hide the DRC stage in the courtyard:

globalsdl city islmDRCStageState 0

As always, refer to the Age's latest SDL version to find which variables are available.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Fri May 25, 2018 11:47 pm

I had a look at that Latest SDL.

I hacked a copy into word just so I could make some sort of a list and even reducing to a small font it ran to 47 pages.

I will probably edit it into a spreadsheet just to get my head around all of the options.

Either way I am going to select a couple to experiment with like removing barriers and switching on the journey cloths in the city.

There is sure plenty to play with.

I can't find a reference to globalsdl in the Plasma Console pdf but it won't do me any harm to experiment.

I was just wondering is there a way to set these dirtsand console boolean values from that Plasma Console in game?

I presume there is some way to make and implement a script to set a batch of these variables to particular state.

If I edit the SDL to set up particular state and then make sure both my local and dirtsand SDL have the same data would that change my dirtsand to have a particular state for my edition?

I just have a sneaking suspicion that it is not that simple. ;)

[edit]
OK it looks like hacking this into a spreadsheet was a good idea I now see that the SDL has a truck load of duplication and there are not realy that many variables and I suspect the same applies to Relto Hood and each of the various locations so listing those is probably my next project.
[/edit]
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Sat May 26, 2018 2:45 am

J'Kla wrote:I hacked a copy into word just so I could make some sort of a list and even reducing to a small font it ran to 47 pages.

Like I said, you only need to consider the latest version of any particular entry (Version 43 in this case), so you can cut that down a lot.

J'Kla wrote:I can't find a reference to globalsdl in the Plasma Console pdf but it won't do me any harm to experiment.

What PDF is this?

J'Kla wrote:I was just wondering is there a way to set these dirtsand console boolean values from that Plasma Console in game?

Yes, you can set it per-Age with the Age.SetSDL* commands (though I've never quite understood when they work or won't -- I use the Plasma Python Console instead). Remember to use the in-game help (?) or the exported documentation for more information.

J'Kla wrote:I presume there is some way to make and implement a script to set a batch of these variables to particular state.

Not that I'm aware of. It's easier to just set the defaults the way you want in the SDL files before initializing your vault (or doing a vault wipe and rebuilding once you have it the way you want).

J'Kla wrote:If I edit the SDL to set up particular state and then make sure both my local and dirtsand SDL have the same data would that change my dirtsand to have a particular state for my edition?

Yes, but with some caveats. First rule is to make sure that both copies are identical. Client and Server need the same SDL files. Second rule is that if you make any changes, you need to do them in a new version of the SDL entry. These are both details that have been widely known for Age authors since 2004, so I'm sure you're aware of those. However, generally speaking, editing the values in the SDL files won't automatically update values in an Age that already exists in the database. The SDL files provided by the moul-scripts repository are largely as provided by Cyan, with the ridiculously-long history of MOULa's edits. You can pare them down to a single version on each (the latest) for your fresh server and have a lot less to deal with. This is essentially what we did with Gehn's SDL files. As you can see, our city.sdl only has two versions in it (the second was added to adjust the bahro stone values), which is a lot more manageable. You only have to be internally-consistent with your own server, after all.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Sat May 26, 2018 6:38 am

This is a case of me misunderstanding when you said the latest SDL I thought that meant the latest complete SDL.

I now see it is the latest version entry Within the SDL which kind of makes sense.

Could I grab the Ghen version of the city SDL put that in the two locations and get away with that?

Or how about using Plasma Shop to copy and paste the Ghen copy into my shard?
[edit]
I have used the dirtsand console to switch off the Hard Hats the Tent and the city barriers now I need to switch some stuff on
[/edit]
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Sat May 26, 2018 8:39 pm

J'Kla wrote:This is a case of me misunderstanding when you said the latest SDL I thought that meant the latest complete SDL. I now see it is the latest version entry Within the SDL which kind of makes sense.

Whoops! Sorry about that. I should have been more clear with it. It's easy to confuse the two since it's all versioned in the repository, too.

I kinda wish we could make the SDL files a bit more robust and less of a mess, but it works (most of the time!) and there are so many other things that still need fixing.

J'Kla wrote:Could I grab the Ghen version of the city SDL put that in the two locations and get away with that?

That would probably be your best option. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would be a problem for you. Gehn's SDL is essentially "simplified". Just deactivate your server, wipe the vault, swap out the SDL, and restart the server.

To clear the vault:

$ sudo -u postgres psql -d dirtsand
dirtsand=# clear_vault();
dirtsand=# \q

This function should reset/remove all avatars, progress, and loaded state information, but will keep the existing accounts.

J'Kla wrote:I have used the dirtsand console to switch off the Hard Hats the Tent and the city barriers now I need to switch some stuff on

:D
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Sun May 27, 2018 1:43 am

I suppose I should clear the Vault and restart.

I have done the pillars and cleft run more times than I care to remember.

syntax error at or near"clear_vault" :?

tried clear-vault()

No error but no change either.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Sun May 27, 2018 2:28 am

J'Kla wrote:I suppose I should clear the Vault and restart.

I have done the pillars and cleft run more times than I care to remember.

You and me both, friend. I feel your pain.

There are some admin "cheat" commands available to you: GetAgeJourneyCloths, GetFissure, and GenerateCleftSolution. GetAgeJourneyCloths will grant you a full hand of cloths in your current Age, GetFissure will set your Bahro poles at the state to create the fissure, and GenerateCleftSolution will create the solution you need to input into the imager to get Yeesha's ABM-completion message (Press L to view the log, the output you need is in the Python logs). That should save you some time. You can access these administrative debug commands as they are automatically available under the Python.Cheat command group in the Plasma Console.

Python.Cheat.GetAgeJourneyCloths ()

Python.Cheat.GetFissure ()

Python.Cheat.GenerateCleftSolution ()

J'Kla wrote:syntax error at or near"ckear_vault" :?

Might want to check what you typed. ;)

J'Kla wrote:syntax error at or near"clear_vault" :?

tried clear-vault()

No error but no change either.

Whoops, sorry. That line should be:

select clear_vault();
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Next

Return to Plasma Development