Need the Ae'gura model

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Need the Ae'gura model

Postby TGMChrist » Thu May 31, 2018 7:46 am

Shorah guys,

I need the Ae'gura, the Great Zero and the Baron city model, because I want to make the district/residential areas and adding the Great Zero and the Baron City office in to the city. But just for testing.

Is it possible?

And I need the age creation tools.
TGMChrist ;)
Code: Select all
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Re: Need the Ae'gura model

Postby Sirius » Thu May 31, 2018 10:34 am

Hello TGMChrist,

Yes, some of it is possible, however it's far from easy. You can't just "open, modify and save" an Age because they are already pre-compiled. Modifying an Age is a lot harder than creating a new one from scratch, so I'd advise training on creating a new Age first.

The reason it's so complicated is that you have to import the Ages into Blender first. The importers ignore a lot of data when importing Ages, which means you can't export the Age again, since it would break all animations and clickables, as well as make the Age extremely ugly. Because of this, you have to use annoying workarounds like exporting only the objects you edited, then load them after the original Age was loaded. Merging two or more existing Ages is even more annoying.

Usually the best way is to do like Cyan did with the Great Zero: create a new Age that looks a lot like D'ni, and create your new area there. This is what is done in lots of Fan-Ages that are supposedly in D'ni, like the Messenger's pub and Fehnir's House.

Either way, you'll need Blender to create the locations, and Korman to export the content you created.

If you really want to have a look at Cyan's Ages, you can use the PyPRP importer (for Blender 2.49) or my own importer (for more recent versions of Blender) to import the Ages (obviously I'll recommend my own importer as it's more recent and runs on a newer Blender). Again, these importers only import meshes and some textures, but break everything else, so don't expect to be able to re-export those areas.
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Thu May 31, 2018 11:12 am

How to put your importer to Blender?
TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Sirius » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:32 am

Put the folder zero_length_zenith in <Blender's install path>/2.XX/scripts/addons. Then activate it in Blender's addons window.
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:17 am

A thanks and how to import the Uru ages into Blender without error?
TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:04 am

If you're seeing an error about it being unable to create a file, you may need to create the TMP_Textures folder inside the one you're importing from to work around a bug.

Which reminds me, I should look into that and submit a fix. :p
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:26 am

Oh right, my bad. I fixed it a while ago, but the version available for download is a bit older and still has the bug. You can create the TMP_Textures folder like Deledrius said, this should work around the issue.

At some point I'll probably make a topic dedicated to this importer, with a more recent version of the script and instructions on how to use it.
(Speaking of which, the version of the importer currently on my PC can import some animations, along with armatures and bone weighting - pretty cool :) )
Sirius

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:41 am

Sirius wrote:Oh right, my bad. I fixed it a while ago, but the version available for download is a bit older and still has the bug.

Good to know. I will refrain from sending you a patch. :p

Sirius wrote:At some point I'll probably make a topic dedicated to this importer, with a more recent version of the script and instructions on how to use it.
(Speaking of which, the version of the importer currently on my PC can import some animations, along with armatures and bone weighting - pretty cool :) )

That's awesome! Why not host it on GitHub?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby TGMChrist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:08 am

Where I put the TMP_Textures?
TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:34 am

TGMChrist wrote:Where I put the TMP_Textures?

Put the TMP_Textures folder inside the dat folder from which you're importing .age files.
Emor D'ni Lap

Next

Return to Building