The Walker Project

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

The Walker Project

Postby J'Kla » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:21 am

Back in the day the Until Uru day to be precise circa 2004 I kicked off an idea and with D'Lanor we produced a proof of concept idea "The Walker Project" that was beta tested on the H'uru shard this was put on the back burner when Game Trap came along.

The idea was an episodic story released chapter by chapter you accessed by completing tasks that were available in the original game.

I wrote the story and D'Lanor engineered the python that made it possible.

Roll on a few years and Until Uru had its chain pulled I kept writing the story. In parallel I started studying age building I built three base models that are available to view On Deep Island and via Drizzle these are Enobmort, Noidrocca and Nilodnam.

I saw these as possible vehicles for delivery of the original Walker Story I considered migrating them to Studio 3DMax but was unable to get all of the tools.

Recently we have had the Korman tools appear and I have gone back to my ages re working Enobmort into a new age called Abmortoxas.

This is well advanced and there is a reasonably spoiler free resume here.

The spoiler tag is a teaser because there are no real solutions therein and you can view the basics of the layout on Deep Island.

Show Spoiler

Places that are still in work:-
1. Proof reading the Walker story again.
2. Passages beyond the reading area.
3. The couch.
4. The bookcase.
5. The Crab area.
6. A use for the meeting area.
7. Kormaning Nilodnam.
8. Kormaning Noidrocca.
9. Re building a new periodic table area.

Places I consider I need help:-
1. Obviously testing for holes in the mesh.
2. Building the number panel for the lower exit to the bottom section.
3. Graphically modelling said panel.
4. First person locking and single person usage of toilet.
5. Some way of tracking avatar passage through the second snake section.
6. Some way of getting things so you get the story books in the right order.
7. Some way of transposing the books to the reading area. Could be they are already there but you can only open them as you find them.
8. Ahra Phats link in.
9. I have also been considering Babylonian Cuneiform Numerals.
J'Kla

Re: The Walker Project

Postby J'Kla » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:38 am

I am ready for some third party testing I have a partly finished reworking of Enobmort this has a new name Abmortoxas and has been built using Korman 0.06 this has the walker Journals. I also have a Nilodnam gallery age also ready for some testing

Neither age has any puzzles built yet but it would be useful to have someone explore the mesh for holes and the Journals for operation.

If your interested there is a page on the Destiny forum as at the moment that is the testing solution. ;)

There will be spoilers particularly in the Journals of Abmortoxas because some of these journals discuss using solutions hinted in previous journals.

This may sound gibberish but will make sense once your in the testing regime. ;)

There is also a plan to try and use Destiny as an experiment as a multi player platform.
J'Kla

Postby JefferyJet » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:30 am

J'Kla wrote:I am making some progress with D-Bal but its on the back burner at the moment because I am involved as a Volunteer at The Great Exhibition of the North.

Interesting project, J'Kla! How's the testing going? Are you making progress?
Last edited by JefferyJet on Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
JefferyJet

Postby J'Kla » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:51 am

I am making some progress but its on the back burner at the moment because I am involved as a Volunteer at The Great Exhibition of the North.
J'Kla

Return to Art and Story