T-Shirt Help Required

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: T-Shirt Help Required

Postby Sirius » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Yeah, both PrpShop and PlasmaShop can "open" .age files, although they display different results. For your purpose, it's best to select the .age and right-click > open with > PrpShop. Or if you know which PRP to open, simply open this one directly.
PrpExplorer is an older program, PrpShop has more functionalities, so you shouldn't bother with PrpExplorer IMHO.

Asterisks are invalid in Windows, which is why it's removed from the file name. Don't worry about it, PrpShop never cares what you name your PO/UOF files (the real object name is embedded in the file, hence the file name itself is ignored).

It's also worth noting .po, .mof and .uof are all the same kind of files, so you can simply refer to them as PO (Plasma Object) for simplicity.

"Export DDS" works for me though... But it's not in a right-click menu, it's displayed when I double-click the MipMap (although maybe I'm using an older version of PrpShop, I don't know). This window (displayed when double-clicking the mipmap) also has a Import DDS option.
Sirius

Postby J'Kla » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm

I am following instructions posted in the Wiki here

https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Changin ... irt_Design

My instalation posts as "PhpShop 1.0 (build88)"

This installed with "PlasmaShop 3.0 (build 90)"

When I use the inbuilt browser to track to the age file when I try to open it I get the following message

PhpShopError.png
PhpShopError.png (14.03 KiB) Viewed 5822 times

I also get this message if Inavigate to the file right click and tell it to open with PhpShop

The message appears to make no sense what so ever if I double click on the age file it opens automaticaly with PhpShop 1.0 (build88)

From that point I can export the po file [plMipmap]mtorso_drctshirt_base*0#0.hsm.po I mentioned in the previous post so what do I now use to edit this?
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm

J'Kla wrote:I am following instructions posted in the Wiki here

https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Changin ... irt_Design

Oh, I see the problem. Those instructions are using PRPExplorer. >_< I didn't catch that, since I just skimmed it. Sorry about that. Wow, that page is quite old.

Okay, I don't have time to go through and update that with new images and everything at the moment, so here's what you need to do, using PrpShop.

• Find GlobalClothing_District_Male.prp and double-click on it to open it in PrpShop (assuming it was installed correctly, this should happen by default).
  • Expand the Mipmap folder, and scroll down and find mtorso_drctshirt_base*0#0.hsm and mtorso_drctshirt_tint*0#0.hsm. This is the base diffuse texture, and the tint mask used to color the shirt, respectively.
  • Double click on each one, which should open up two small information windows. Click on Export DDS for each of the two windows, and save the DirectDraw Surface files.
  • Edit/overlay/paint/how ever you want to modify those images.
  • Return to PrpShop (or navigate back to the two Mipmaps and re-open them as above if you closed it), and click Import DDS, and select the respective new, edited textures you created. Hint: You can click the Preview text button to check they were imported correctly.
  • Hit the Save icon (Blue Floppy Disk in the toolbar). If everything went according to plan, your shirt should now be available.

Optional:

You can change the DRC icon, too, so that your shirt is easier to find. While you still have that PRP file open:
  • Expand the Mipmap folder, and find icon_drclogo*20#0.hsm.
  • Double click on it, opening the information window.
  • Click Import DDS and select an image (usually of just the logo for your new shirt) to use as the icon.
  • Hit the Save icon (Blue Floppy Disk in the toolbar).

You probably don't need to even bother with the tint mask, since you just want a single shirt that's one specific color. Just make the base texture the right color, and make the tint texture entirely white (I think).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:18 pm

On the version I have ended up with there on Export DDS I get the following

ExportDDS Error.png
ExportDDS Error.png (11.57 KiB) Viewed 5815 times

Plus there is no Import DDS.

Now it could be that there is a newer version that does all of this the versions I have installed are Itemised in my previous post.

If there is a newer version where do I get it?

Once I have a working copy I will update the documentation as I have allready made an MS Word version of the instructions so an edit should be no problem.

I am confused why the only way to get the version I have installed to play is to double click the .age or a .prp file browsing or right clicking and open with both result in the error pop up I posted last time.

I don't mind using that double click if it worked I am just saying it is the only way I can get even remotely close to making an edit.

I suspect I have an old and broken version installed it would explain the issues. ;)

As I have said before I am working from Windows7 (booth Pro and Home versions).

And again I thank you all for your persistance. :)

[edit]
Just in case it is an issue. I am working with an Korman export of a MOUL age running on a dirtsand est shard but as this is a Global Clothing Age it is a one copied from CYAN MOUL install
[/edit]

[edit2]
Thrashing about in the Wiki I did find "PRPTool-0.2.zip" using this I have been able to export the DRC shirt .dds file but this tool has no option for importing
[/edit2]
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 am

Thanks to some help from Deledrius I am now getting closer

So this is an image of what I am getting

Parrtial.png
Parrtial.png (65.89 KiB) Viewed 5810 times

It was initaly faint until I changed the mask so that it was completely blank (transparent alpha channel I believe is the correct term).

At this point what I see in the elipse is good but the front is still showing the DRC logo.

As has been suggested by Deledrius its a case of trial and error I may try changing the blank t-shirt. :)
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:35 am

Look great so far! You've got the hard part done, really. The rest is just getting it how you want.

J'Kla wrote:It was initaly faint until I changed the mask so that it was completely blank (transparent alpha channel I believe is the correct term).

Ah, yeah, there's something about the alpha channel too. I'll check out what I did on ours tomorrow and let you know (if you haven't worked it out already by then).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:47 am

Are the sleeves a seperate mipmap?

I am going to go look but I am just throwing the question out there in case someone can save me time. ;)
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:13 am

J'Kla wrote:Are the sleeves a seperate mipmap?

They are, and in this case it's mtorso_longsleeve01arm_tint1*0#0.hsm because I accidentally pointed you at the long sleeve DRC shirt! Sorry about that.

Looks like the short-sleeve t-shirt is in the Male01.prp, and the Mipmaps you want are mtorso_drctshirt_base*0#0.hsm, mtorso_drctshirt_tint1*0#0.hsm, mtorso_shortsleevearm_skin*0#0.hsm, and mtorso_shortsleevearm_tint1*0#0.hsm.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:44 am

It's cool I found the shortsleeve t shirt and I found the seperate sleeves.

I have not got these short sleeves working but I have coloured the shirt so the sleeves match which for now is all I need.

Front.png
Front.png (61.62 KiB) Viewed 5802 times

Back.png
Back.png (75.71 KiB) Viewed 5802 times

As you can see this is working these shots were taken before I got the sleeves to colour match exactly.

Heads up Deledrius on the updated tool. It works. 100% for the parts I needed.

A search would be useful and I had to temporarily disable my anti-virus to get it loaded the browse works import and export are both working. :)
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:17 pm

It looks like sleeves are a seperate file and I had to change the base colour of the t-shirt to get the sleeves to mach but that is a lot easier with the torso of the T-Shirt using the customised image.

Does anyone know the file for the female torso for the standard T-Shirt.

I can't find it but I am putting it down to me being either blind or stupid.

If all else fails I will just pick one at random. Under the female customization there are some male parts which seems odd.
J'Kla

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion