New avvie corrupted? Can't get into game

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

New avvie corrupted? Can't get into game

Postby Acorn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 am

Hi, I posted a day ago on the Gehn 26 thread but maybe it wasn't prominent enough - the shard has stopped working for me. I get as far as selecting my avvie and then get the screen with the GoW logo, which continues to change - ie it hasn't frozen - but the game never loads. I have to use task manager to kill it. There seem to be hot spots at the foot of the screen, where the Ki etc would be found if the screen had loaded, but I haven't yet managed to make them achieve anything.

Help! :shock:

Edited - I decided to select an old avvie instead of my new one and I got in! But then I went back to the avvie selection screen, selected my newest avvie again, and I had the same problem. So this new avvie must have got corrupted somehow? It's called AcornGehn26.
Acorn

Re: New avvie corrupted? Can't get into game

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Sounds like a toasty avatar, probably best to just delete it and start over.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:00 am

I think there is a bigger problem, I'm afraid. I deleted the avvie and started up a new one. After a few minutes exploration, to pick up the Ki, start on Ahnonay etc, the new avvie was in the Hood and used the nexus link - and got stuck in the same way, with the logo changing but not delivering the avvie to its destination.

I will DM the logs to you and Deledrius.
Acorn

Postby Astro » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:57 am

I have a similar problem. I just created my account for Gehn Shard, basically to test the mouse bug fix (which works perfectly for me, yay!). But then I finished the desert and got down in the cave and touched the book I heard the bacho scream, and then it was stuck on the GoW logo. That happens every time I start up with that avi. I created a player 2 and finished the desert again, and this time it "survived", and I can continue playing with avi 2. But the first one still keeps hanging on the logo. It's not a big problem for me as I got the new avi, but it may look like a more general issue?
Astro
Astro

Postby Acorn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:31 am

Thanks for the report!

Yes, I'm afraid my new avvie on my second account has also got stuck after a few sessions of game play. I was playing the Gehn 5th anniversary marker quest at the time all three avvies got stuck, and wondered if that was to blame, but I'm guessing you weren't doing this quest, Astro?

Tsar Hoikas has undertaken to look into this problem for us.
Acorn

Postby Astro » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 am

but I'm guessing you weren't doing this quest, Astro?

No, I had only completed the desert, and waiting for getting back to Relto.
Astro

Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Hallo, habe das gleiche Problem, einen Avatar erstellt eine Weile gespielt und beim erneuten Anmelden mit diesem Avatar stecken geblieben.
Das gleiche mit dem 2. Avatar. Wenn ich einen neuen Avatar wähle, mit dem ich noch nicht gespielt habe komme ich ins Spiel.
Würde aber gerne mal einen Avatar beenden.
Wäre dankbar für Hilfe
Ghost

Postby Astro » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:44 am

There went my avatar #2! I had completed Gahreesen and Teledahn, and had just started on Eder Gira. I attempted to make a careful jump down to the platform with the cloth, but fell into the lava. That initiates an auto-return to Relto, and that's when it got stuck the same way as it did with avatar #1 when auto-linking to Relto from the desert cave. I can't use any of the two avatars anymore, they seem like looping in the attempt to link to Relto.

Hope this issue will be prioritised :)

Astro
Astro

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:33 pm

I haven't been able to reproduce this on a new avatar myself, unfortunately.

This is definitely a priority issue (we do not want people losing their avatars!), but Hoikas has been unexpectedly busy the past couple of weeks. Sorry for the delay in addressing this, we appreciate your patience while we work on this issue.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Acorn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:31 am

Thanks for the update, Deledrius. :)

If you keep using your new avvie, my expectation is that you will eventually hit this glitch. It took me quite a bit of play the first time - I had almost completed the game :cry: . My other two times were quicker.
Acorn

Next

Return to Gehn Shard