Plasma Console

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Plasma Console

Postby J'Kla » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:39 pm

There is a link over on the Destiny forum repeated here http://files.mystler.eu/ConsoleDocumentation.html this links to a page with information on using this console for testing.

This is particularly useful for testing the LAN based dirtsand till we get a vault control tool sorted (apparently the original one has some issues).

I am attaching a version in the old word document format just in case we lose that link.

With a dirtsand shard you access this panel with the apostrophy key and where that key resides depends on your keyboard layout.

Once you have used it you need to close it with the same key before you can use your avatar nomaly its a toggled function.

In addition if you use the L key upper or lower case IT toggles through various log screens for debugging keep gong till it clears.

This just means you can't type talk with a line that starts with a letter L (Doh!)

It may be me but I can't find a commant on that listing to change the Avatar hair colour.

I am sure we will have proper vault tools some day but until that time we can either use this or go to the Vault and do those things with the command line.

I know there are elements of Avatar Customization I would like to be able to modify digitaly (ie. enter a number) where the current method of randomly moving a position with the mouse feels unsatisfactory.

[edit]
OK post the following posting

I deleted the document.

In my defense I had never been told about the Documentation command or how to use it
[/edit]
Last edited by J'Kla on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
J'Kla

Re: Plasma Console

Postby Christian Walther » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:16 am

J'Kla wrote:I am attaching a version in the old word document format just in case we lose that link.

There is little need for that because anyone who has a need for this document can generate it using the Console.CreateDocumentation command on the Plasma console. That way you are also sure to get documentation that matches your current client.
Christian Walther

Re: Plasma Console

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:16 am

Christian Walther wrote:
J'Kla wrote:I am attaching a version in the old word document format just in case we lose that link.

There is little need for that because anyone who has a need for this document can generate it using the Console.CreateDocumentation command on the Plasma console. That way you are also sure to get documentation that matches your current client.

Indeed. In fact, having an old version sitting around is a great way to confuse people when functions change, appear, or are removed. The best option is to make sure to document the command which generates the file, and put that at the start of instructions on using the Plasma Console in Internal clients.

This also reminds me I need to finish and push my old branch which has code to nicely format that page so it's more readable and visually-structured.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Plasma Development