Intermititent? glitch eder kemo

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Intermititent? glitch eder kemo

Postby hhhenry » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:13 pm

If you take the corner too tight leaving the last cloth in 3rd person, you're avatar will disappear around the wall and you'll be staring at rock. If you continue forward, the camera will follow but you won't see your avatar. Switching to first person and back doesn't fix it.
hhhenry

Re: Intermititent? glitch eder kemo

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks for the report. I wonder if this was possible in the original, too. I will need to check.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby hhhenry » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:48 am

I've tried this on other shards and could not get it. But, it is an intermittent (don't you hate those?) and absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
hhhenry

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:30 pm

hhhenry wrote:it is an intermittent (don't you hate those?)

Oh, very much!

I can't seem to reproduce this, but I see the fixed camera and the transition. I don't see that there's any way to avoid leaving the camera's region the normal way, as even hugging the wall really tightly is sufficient. Maybe this is a momentary lag issue? Perhaps it's possible to lag out at just the right moment and miss the exit message. If so, this is a general issue (and one I don't think we can fix short of applying the subworld fix to everything, which would probably have unforeseen consequences). Given how hard this is to reproduce, I don't think this is a priority.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Gehn Shard