Bug Report: Descent Link Failed

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bug Report: Descent Link Failed

Postby Kero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:15 pm

Shorah -

I was fooling around in the Cavern and found the Bahro cloth to Descent at the end of Tokota(sp?) Alley. Clicked on it and got the normal transport sound to a black screen with the GoW Logo. Waited for something to happen for about 5 min and got a pop-up - "UruGehn Error" "Link to Age Failed". Clicked OK and found myself on my desktop.

I re-entered the game and found the City Book on my Relto bookshelf with the link picture to Descent in it. Clicked on the picture and the same sequence of events occurred - black screen for awhile then Age Failed pop-up.

I hope this is just a small glitch (if it really is a glitch) - I was really wanting to get my music player. :(
All things come to those who wait.
Kero

Re: Bug Report: Descent Link Failed

Postby Deledrius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 pm

Well, the good news (?) is that I was able to reproduce this myself. I'll look at the logs and see if I can figure out what's broken here.

Sorry about the inconvenience! Please avoid visiting the Great Shaft until we can reopen it for exploration. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby hhhenry » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Late last month with a new test avie, I had no problem and just now with my established one, again, no problem. Win 7
hhhenry

Postby Kero » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:41 pm

hhhenry wrote:Late last month with a new test avie, I had no problem and just now with my established one, again, no problem. Win 7

Shorah hhhenry - after reading the above I went back into the Cavern to see if there was any change. I'm sorry to say there wasn't. Both the cloth and city book links failed. Since we are both on Win 7 it's anybody's guess as to why your link works and mine doesn't.

Fortunately Deledrius was able to reproduce the bug. "/me does happy dance" I just hope he can fix it. "/me has her fingers crossed"
All things come to those who wait.
Kero

Return to Gehn Shard