I've been thinking about an idea that's been in the back of my head for a while. Knowing the short development time and lack of funds Cyan had in developing Myst V, resulting in many fans view of it as the "worst" or shallowest Myst game, I've been thinking seeing Sirius' port of Uru into Unity that a similar project could be tackled with Myst V. That is, to port /rebuild the game in either Unity or Unreal and redesign many of its gameplay elements to better suit what Cyan would have envisioned for the grand send-off of the Atrus storyline.
1. Add more details and interactables to remove the feeling of the Ages being bare.
2. More journals that give backstory of the bahro tablet from Atrus' point of view (how he could have later in life come to realize the Least's existence and the power of the Tablet) which would tie his character more into the game considering it's Myst V not Uru II.
3. More journals from Esher's point of view along with visual storytelling/personal objects etc so we gleam some background on him rather than him being mystery-angry-grandpa exposition man.
4. Space Yeesha's journals out more so they don't hit you as often in your exploration.
5. Extend Descent and/or incorporate the Cavern from Uru into EoA which would both extend the game's pace, allowing for the journey to D'ni a la DIRT, along with giving more non-linearity to exploration once the player reaches the Cavern. Perhaps the Takes could be placed in various locations in D'ni rather than in Direbo which would facilitate a wider range of non-linear exploration and a central hub (rather than the oh-so linear Shaft) and Direbo could be then re-purposed as an actual rest Age for the tunnels that could provide visual storytelling in some way on each of it's little islands.
6. Full screen flybys.