Korman 0.08 Released

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Korman 0.08 Released

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Four months later, a marauding Korman 0.08 has appeared! Korman 0.08 represents 80 commits and approximately 5,500 lines of code changed from the previous version. This release focuses on ease of use and intuitive extensions of the already existing Korman experience. Namely, Korman allows you to copy/paste modifiers, packs your age Python scripts for you, and generates your age's Journal files for you.

Changes in this release:
  • Added support for image Environment Maps
  • Added the ability to compile and package age Python scripts
  • Added the ability to copy/paste Plasma Modifiers
  • Added the ability to export an age as a ZIP archive
  • Changed the Swim Surface modifier to allow non-flat geometry
  • Fixed an issue in which Blender would crash when a blend file needed to be unloaded (eg by using undo)
  • Fixed an issue in which lightmapped objects that share a material would not be lightmapped correctly
  • Fixed an issue in which the exporter would leave behind node trees with a user count of zero
  • Fixed an issue in which the "Preview Lightmap" feature would change the active layer selection
  • Fixed a memory leak in the bump map exporter
  • Optimized texture exporting
  • Reorganized the Journal modifier to accept text notes for journal contents and produce the correct journal data on export
  • Reorganized the Lightmap modifier for easier management of object bake passes
  • Reorganized the Plasma Game storage to be an addon setting instead of a blend file setting

As part of this release, the Plasma Games listing has changed somewhat. Previously this setting was unique to each blend file. This meant that if you sent your blend file to a buddy, it would retain your list of games. Seeing as how this would be useless to your buddy, these settings have been moved into the Addon Preferences. Korman will remember your Plasma Games for all of your ages now. A button is available to migrate your Plasma Games for you.

Additionally, the Journal modifier and Python File node have been changed to accept Blender Text data blocks. Your journals will have to be adjusted to export completely. Python file nodes should upgrade themselves with a varying level of success. Manual intervention should not be required unless you plan on changing the python file used by the node.

Please remember that Korman is still in beta (that's why the first number in the version is a zero)--don't shoot if there are bugs! This release, however, brings us closer to what I would be comfortable with labeling Korman 1.00 final.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Korman 0.08 Released

Postby Aloys » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Nice! Plenty new stuff.

This release focuses on ease of use and intuitive extensions of the already existing Korman experience

And that's very welcome. Easier tools are always a good thing.

Changed the Swim Surface modifier to allow non-flat geometry

I especially love this one; two of my Ages use that quite a bit. :)
Aloys

Postby Deledrius » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Aloys wrote:
Changed the Swim Surface modifier to allow non-flat geometry
I especially love this one; two of my Ages use that quite a bit. :)

What are you people doing?!?

Just kidding. I see you all subscribe to the Catherine school of Age physics... ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:57 pm

Congrats on the release ! 8-)

Deledrius wrote:What are you people doing?!?

Still the best option until three-dimensional swimming is implemented into the game. Who knows ? Maybe Catherine wrote impossible physics into her Age because she didn't know how to write ladders :lol:
This reminds me how much the Relativity Age screws up with physics too...
Sirius

Postby Deledrius » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:12 pm

Sirius wrote:Congrats on the release ! 8-)
Deledrius wrote:What are you people doing?!?
Still the best option until three-dimensional swimming is implemented into the game. Who knows ? Maybe Catherine wrote impossible physics into her Age because she didn't know how to write ladders :lol:
This reminds me how much the Relativity Age screws up with physics too...

I love Relativity so much. It's quite impressive.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:56 am

Just a suggestion.

Can we get the link on the wiki page updated to the latest version.

Under Korman: Installation it still is saying Korman 0.07 and links to the Download of Korman 0.07

I have personally grabbed Korman 0.08 from this thread but it would be nice if wandering age builders visiting the Wiki were accessing the latest version.

It may also be cool to have your Beta test information there as well.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:24 am

J'Kla wrote:Just a suggestion.

Can we get the link on the wiki page updated to the latest version.

Under Korman: Installation it still is saying Korman 0.07 and links to the Download of Korman 0.07

I have personally grabbed Korman 0.08 from this thread but it would be nice if wandering age builders visiting the Wiki were accessing the latest version.

It may also be cool to have your Beta test information there as well.

Thanks for catching that. I'll update it.

Psst: the wiki is editable... ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:30 am

I have tried the new Korman install and it does not work

I have tried running the application as Administrator I have needed to comply with both Windows 10 and Avast throwing a wobbler about it so It now throws up a window image attached

I still have the Korman 0.07 and this installs OK.
Attachments
Korman 0.08.jpg
Korman 0.08.jpg (19.06 KiB) Viewed 12248 times
J'Kla

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Looks like a problem with your PC. Perhaps an overzealous antivirus software is interfering with the installer.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Aloys » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:29 pm

As this point you should try an exorcist.
Aloys

Next

Return to Guild News