Korman: wanted features

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Korman: wanted features

Postby Deledrius » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:00 am

J'Kla wrote:Compatibility with Blender 2.80

For all I know this may not be a thing I am looking at using Blender 2.8 for some of my other projects so It would be handy to only deal with one version.

Blender 2.8
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 am

Just to clarify.

I have both Blender 2.79b and 2.80 Blender installed on my current main PC I will in April be moving to a new laptop with a Nvidia graphics allowing for better use of GPU processing.

At present if I use the Korman installer it loads by default to the 2.79b version and as such is adequate to my needs.

I suppose I should have suggested the Korman installer having a choice of 2.79b or 2.80 Blender.

I see from the link provided you have been trying Korman with 2.80 so I presume there is some manual method of installing.

In due course I dare say there will be a 2.80 auto installer for Korman and since Korman at present is still in development as is Blender 2.80 Beta all I am at present doing is adding a request to a wish list.

To be fair the 2.79b is adequate to my needs, the only thing this would gain me is a bit more hard drive space as I would no longer need the 2.79b install and that is not really an issue.
J'Kla

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:18 am

Blender 2.80 will not be supported until Korman 2.00 is released. For more details, please see the issue on github https://github.com/H-uru/korman/issues/131
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby J'Kla » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:37 am

Wish List Items

Some automated tools for adding and editing in game journals.

I would also like this to be node based (sorry to keep going on about nodes but I like the logic they present)

One that includes some additional journal options like

A back cover (one that shows when you turn the last page),

A single page option (like the ones on the desk in the Teledhan upper office), [edit]an option of making this flip able to show an obverse side. [/edit]

Internal pages the same size as the cover (at present they come out slightly smaller as in a hard back book) so it can be more like a pamphlet or paperback book,

Sticky notes (with various colors not just yellow),

An object that looks like a cell phone or tablet with a swipe page turning option,

Scrolls as an alternative to books of pamphlets,

A simple way of editing journal text inside blender. I am looking into idiot proofing this the wiki does not actually tell you how to do it.

A simple way of embedding a static image into text I am looking into idiot proofing this the wiki entry I like the direct input from an external file I understand using the name held in the library modifier but until I work out how to attach and edit the text inside Blender/Korman where and how to use the name considering it took me three weeks to figure out how to do it the old way at a time when I had a chunk of spare time.

A simple way of making said images clickable with a choice of actions like linking or changing some variable or creating a Ki Message or Ki Photo or adding clothing

A simple way of adding animated images with the same options as static images,

A way of making fold out pages,

A method of selecting page background color,

A switchable turned corner (at present the default journal has a turned up corner of yellowed paper lets make it match the color of the paper chosen)

A method of selecting lined or plain paper,

A simple way of changing font typeface,

A simple way of changing font size,

A simple way of changing font color,

I know this is a big wish item and it is tailored to my particular needs, but I do believe that this should be possible with some judicious scripting,

I have achieved a lot of this using existing methods for example I have been able to add images as complete pages and mask the turned corner.

All I am considering here is a toolkit to make this easier for those that would do the same as I have done with methods that are more convoluted.
Last edited by J'Kla on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:35 am

Most of that is already possible. Some features are explicitly available as of the latest version of Korman. The rest are just GUI items, not journals.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:02 am

Deledrius wrote:Most of that is already possible. Some features are explicitly available as of the latest version of Korman. The rest are just GUI items, not journals.

I know most of that is possible just not in one place as one tool that is easy to use.

Failing an actual tool at least a tutorial that will include all of the features.
J'Kla

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:35 pm

I'm going to be honest with you, JKla. Your long post above pissed me off because you literally listed several things that I spent 2 weeks working on implementing in Korman 0.08. I even took the time to update the wiki page on Journals. Perhaps you should actually try the new release? I fear that if I write any more in this post it will be nonconstructive.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby J'Kla » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 am

Sorry about pissing you off Hoikas

I will review the Wiki page on Journals.

I was unable to engage clairvoyance to know that the wiki page on Journals had been updated.

I will consider myself out of order.

And once I have read and feel I have understood the update I will strike trough those elements that have been covered.

(Note I will NOT delete them because I know that pisses you off as well).
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:17 am

J'Kla wrote:I was unable to engage clairvoyance to know that the wiki page on Journals had been updated.

I know what you mean, but it's also possible to check the page for a feature before requesting it. No clairvoyance required.

Seriously, we all want the same thing here. There's no need to be insulting about it, and that's how this reads. It's very frustrating.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby J'Kla » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:16 am

On review I have managed to strike out two lines with caveats.

Yes I am the idiot please accept apologies for the clairvoyance comment.

In the UK such piss takes are considered friendly banter between friends.

It appears I will have to restrain myself communicating across the pond.

The majority of requests are for "Simple methods" I know we can change font and font color etc. in the body of the text but all of those require an understanding that took me hours to figure out last time.

I am trying to give you the benefit of a tame idiot here, as such you getting pissed is probably not you best approach. Calling me an idiot Yes! Point me at an answer Yes!

But please do me the consideration of assuming I have looked for this stuff and found myself searching for easier solutions.
J'Kla

PreviousNext

Return to Building