Offline Ki probs

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Offline Ki probs

Postby Kaylar » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:27 am

So, I successfully installed Drizzle, the offline ki from the deep island database, the age information, and a couple of fan ages to try out on my gog download of uru cc. I was able to play and visit the ages just fine. Then I decided that trying to navigate using both the touchpad and the keypad was too cumbersome, and I couldn't even look around while in motion. Very annoying. So I plugged in my mouse - and got the dreaded mouse win10 stutter, which had supposedly been fixed everywhere. I was able to lessen the problem by adjusting mouse sensitivities, but it was not a satisfactory result for me. After a lot of forum-surfing and finagling, basically I uninstalled EVERYTHING and reinstalled again. I was able to play the clean uru install from gog with my mouse just fine. As soon as I tried to log in after installing drizzle and the offline ki, the mouse problem was back. Any ideas? Unfortunately, it looks like I'm the only one having this problem. :( Thanks.
Kaylar

Re: Offline Ki probs

Postby Sirius » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:50 am

Hmm, it sounds like your Uru client (UruExplorer.exe) was replaced with the older buggy version (the non-gog, which had the mouse issue).
Theoretically, none of what you installed should have caused it. I think the only thing that does replace UruExplorer.exe would be the "Official No-CD Patch" (when on GoG you should obviously not install this).

Or are you actually trying to play on the Deep Island shard ? Because this will replace the executable too. Deep Island wasn't updated yet, so it still has the mouse bug (this will probably be fixed at some point, along with widescreen issues - in the meantime there is a workaround for the mouse bug).
However note that you should NOT install Ages or the Offline-KI using Drizzle on a Deep Island game - it already has all of those installed (in the case of Ages, they are installed during linking). The only reason to use Drizzle on a Deep Island install is to convert Myst V / MOUL Ages.

Also, I'd recommend making a full backup of the original Uru CC folder. This helps with issues like these, as you won't need to reinstall everything ;) You can even play the game from any folder, as long as you start it with UruSetup.exe - this is particularly useful if you intend to play the normal Uru, the offline modded one, or even Deep Island. (At least, this worked in the older version of Uru CC; I'm pretty sure it's still possible with the GoG version).
Sirius

Postby Korovev » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:18 pm

You could also try Chogon’s beta patch, though again if this is for DI the client currently gets replaced at launch.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Kaylar » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:32 pm

Yep, it was the patch. I saw the word "patch" and figured it was necessary, without seeing the small print at the bottom saying what it was. I took it off and it's working normally! Thanks for the help guys! Cyan fans are the best. ;)
Kaylar

Postby Sirius » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:05 am

That's cool to hear ! Enjoy ! :)
Sirius

Return to Deep Island