Ok, I spoke a little too soon, the dataserver is definitely not flawless yet. As a test I temporarily disabled the Uru Live folder import, and now my game crashes after downloading about 170MB worth of files. It doesn't show any errors on the server, but the client will close saying it experienced a serious error.
Maybe if I tell you what I did so far, you can see where I went wrong
- Converted the complete URU folder with the manifest.py script, then uploaded the .mfs files, plus the folders it created (Client, ClientPreload, GameAudio, Gamedata etc) to /opt/dirtsand/data
- Uploaded the original URU folders (avi, dat, Python, SDL and sfx) to /opt/dirtsand/data as well.
- Created three files in /opt/dirtsand/authdata: AGES_ages.list, Python_pak.list and SDL_sdl.list. In those I pasted the file names and sizes, for example:
I guess I'm on the right track, because at least SOME files downloaded correctly