New Age READY: Zahlto - Explorers' Emporium

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: New Age READY: Zahlto - Explorers' Emporium

Postby kovich » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 am

Oh very nice indeed, Congratulations. Chalk this up to a successful project. Like all good ages it left me wanting more. I’ve never tried 3dmax but I did build an age using the “getting started” tutorial and some youtube age builder clips in Blender 2.79, so I know this was not a weekend project. The testing alone must have taken months. Your attention to detail is remarkable. After looking at the bookshelves for a while I realized they were textures and very detailed textures and must have taken days, (your naming convention must have been extensive to keep you from getting confused). You should be very proud of yourself. You have captured the feeling of URU and the Cavern. Thank you.
kovich

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Someone asked me to add this age to UAM/DI, so I tried to, but my scripts found some issues with the age so it'd be great if you could fix those before I make an upload. :)

Namely, the age seems to reference three sound files that don't actually exist: 'TerahgrahmBlueLightsOff.ogg', 'TerahgrahmBlueLightsOn.ogg', 'ZahlotLightsOff.ogg'.

I also noticed that the "last-changed" date in the age descriptor is in March, but you released the age in June... is that deliberate or do you want me to update the date before uploading?

EDIT: I noticed that two of these files are from another age of yours. Unfortunately, re-using files like that means that if people have Zahlto installed but not Terahgrahm, the sounds wouldn't work. So I think it would still be a good diea to fix that.
"ZahlotLightsOff" looks like a typo, though "ZahltoLightsOff" also does not seem to exist.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Semjay » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:44 am

Thank you Diafero!

Oops, I didn’t check the sfx folder carefully enough! I also want to make a few updates to Terahgrahm too as I now know how to do some things better than I did back then. I’ll get on with fixing that as soon as I can. It may be a couple of weeks as life is busy just now.
Semjay

Postby diafero » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:19 am

Don't worry, take your time. :)

I am now subscribed to this topic so if you post here when there is a new version. I'll see that, and then I can put it on DI/UAM.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Korovev » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:46 am

I’ve added both Zahlto and Terahgrahm to the Age Gallery. 140 now, and more are in the works!

The All Guilds Meeting is coming next Saturday, on the 6th; mind if I announce your Ages? Would you like to announce them yourself?
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Semjay » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:52 pm

Thank you Korovev! And the screen shots you have chosen look good.

Unfortunately I’m away from home (and my computer) just now and won’t be back for a few weeks, otherwise I would have loved to launch my Age at the meeting. So if you want to talk about it please do - just remember that I have to do a fix to the sfx folder. Can I get a copy of the meeting’s chat log?
Semjay

Postby diafero » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:24 am

Semjay, if you want I can put the age up on UAM and the Shard despite the missing sound files.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Semjay » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:37 am

Updates!

I have removed the unneccessary .ogg files from the sfx folder and corrected the spelling error.

The volume on all music is now set to maximum (I had turned it down as I found it annoying - even though I'd created the music myself!)

There are now more artists' materials in the Green Room (Are those paintings forgeries?)

There is a sewing machine in the Orange Room (Did Ella make all those T-shirts herself?)

The linking book on your Relto shelf now has the blurb.

Here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohrr5f1yk4ory ... 8.zip?dl=0

(I have edited my original post to have the same link also)

Have fun!
Last edited by Semjay on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semjay

Postby diafero » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:21 pm

Thanks! The age is passing the automated checks now and it is being uploaded to DI as I write this.

However, there are still some unused sound files:
"ZahltoAmbientVerySimple.ogg" "ZahltoChestCloseOld.ogg" "ZahltoChestOpenOld.ogg" "ZahltoLeverPush.ogg" "ZahltoPot_RollLp01.ogg" "ZahltoWaterDrips_Loop.ogg" "ZahltoWaterTrickle_Loop.ogg"

EDIT: Upload done, the age is on DI now! If there are no problems with it, I can also add it to UAM.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Semjay » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:16 pm

Hmmm (Lots of head scratching). I don’t know why this is. I’ll have another look at it. Please stand by!

Edit:
Ok, I think I've fixed it. Try this now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohrr5f1yk4ory ... 8.zip?dl=0
Semjay

PreviousNext

Return to Building