CWE Builds

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: CWE Builds

Postby GorenDeBree » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:55 pm

That worked great!
Thanks alot!
I shoulda looked it up................ :D

Been retired too many years maybe!
Thanks again,
Goren
GorenDeBree

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 pm

GorenDeBree wrote:That worked great!
Thanks alot!
I shoulda looked it up................ :D

Been retired too many years maybe!
Thanks again,
Goren

I always forget which one is which and have to look it up. Glad you have it working!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Deledrius wrote:I always forget which one is which and have to look it up.

;)

Tsar Hoikas wrote:H'uru CWE 1.918 (June 13, 2013)

Hmmm... Only 6 years and 1 month old. Somebody should really post new builds. Who's maintaining this crap? :lol:
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:31 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
Deledrius wrote:I always forget which one is which and have to look it up.

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Prerequisites

In fairness to me, these posts were not originally in this thread. ;) They have been merged.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby GorenDeBree » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:43 am

I am having problems with launching the CWE 918 Internal Client. The recent update seems to have changed some things and I had problems with the Internal and External clients launching properly. I have been successful with diagnosing the External Client, but am finding the CWE 918 difficult. I have been using the Windows Process Monitor to help identify the specific error. For the plclient the launch ends with the message that the version of PhysX is an older version or does not exist. The ProcMon output cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEIA Technologies\v2.6.4\PhysXCore.dll. When I run the PhysX_Setup downloaded from this site the file folder entries go no further than v2.6.0. I have tried running PhysX-9.12.1031 and PhysX-9.13.0604 and neither will run to successful completion due to a missing software routine.

Could someone please shed some light on this issue.
Thanks,
Goren

Just to be sure I am using the correct PhysX, I downloaded the setup from this thread and when launched the software returns an error that reads:
There is a problem with this Windows Installer.
A script required for this install to complete could not be
run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Thanks again for your attention, Goren

NOTE:I was able to locate a v2.6.4 folder from another Nvidia installation and did a copy/paste into the Ageia install and now all works just fine.
I included this rather inelegant fix just in case someone may run across the same issue.
:D
GorenDeBree

Postby Ehren » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:55 pm

So I can't use my current CWE build to link to the new areas or to The Watcher's Pub on Cyan's official server, I just end up crashing. I'm not sure if I just need updated Python and SDL files or if something is built in to the client that will never allow the version I have to work, but I'm hoping the former... I know the Gehn shard and MOUL scripts are open sourced on Github, but is the current version of what Cyan's server is running also public somewhere?

I apologize if I'm missing something obvious. I've kind of been on and off Uru a lot lately.

EDIT: Aw shoot, actually now I can't even link to Relto, I guess because of the updated prps for "Fixed "Toe stubbing" in A'egura, Ercana, Great Zero, Kadish, Neighborhoods and Relto" whatever that particular release note is referring to... So I guess it's related to the updated prp files themselves, sigh. I don't exactly know how to make my own new CWE client. So actually I guess I'm looking for a public release of some updated version of the CWE client if it exists, after all I wasn't the compiler of the current version I have.
Ehren

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 pm

At this time, we are not producing public builds of CWE. Once the PhysX 4.1 branch is reviewed and merged, we intend to move toward having a more workable set of automated client builds for Windows. We already have automated builds, but the clients produced are not particularly workable due to system constraints, and we had to disable their being uploaded due to a very limited disk quota on the build service. You are, of course, welcome to build your own - the codebase as found on GitHub works very well.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Ehren » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:51 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:You are, of course, welcome to build your own - the codebase as found on GitHub works very well.

I've really been trying to do this for awhile now and I felt like I was close but I keep getting a fatal error trying to "built solution" this thing in Visual Studio. The main thing that sticks out to me is this line:
Code: Select all
88>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.18362.0\um\x86\WinMM.Lib'

This directory doesn't even exist on my computer. I have a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib" directory but no "10.0.18362.0" folder, there are folders with different numbers such as "10.0.17763.0".

Here is the entirety of what my Output log looks like from my most recent try, copied and pasted to a text document, in case there's anything of value that can be figured out from it and its weird warnings along the way:
Output.txt
This would probably make real programmers facepalm but all well...
(68.88 KiB) Downloaded 325 times

At this point my best guess is wrong version of Visual Studios, Microsoft certainly had a huge list of available downloads for the 2017 version. I did make sure it was a Community Edition though. I was trying to follow this guide by the way: https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/CWE:Getting_Started

I just don't know where to go from here.
Ehren

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:45 pm

There's an issue with the openal-soft library that we depend on. Sometimes, it will include paths specific to the build machine - and, of course, those paths don't always match up with everyone else's computer. That's what you're running into here. To fix it, open the file devlibs/share/openal-soft/OpenALConfig.cmake. You should find a segment that looks something like this:

set_target_properties(OpenAL::OpenAL PROPERTIES
  INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES "${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/include;${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/include;${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/include/AL"
  INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES "C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Lib/10.0.18362.0/um/x86/WinMM.Lib"
)

Change:
  INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES "C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Lib/10.0.18362.0/um/x86/WinMM.Lib"

To:
  INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES "WinMM.Lib"

And you should be good to go.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Ehren » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:20 pm

Thank you! I finally got it to generate the files! But just when I though I had it under control for sure now, starting up the client leads me to a black screen and the Python log reads:
(12/12 22:39:22) Python 3.8.3 Main init failed!!
(12/12 22:39:22) init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
(12/12 22:39:22) Python file xKI.py had errors!!! Could not load.
(12/12 22:39:23) Python file stupStartUp.py had errors!!! Could not load.

I hope I'm just missing some file/s...
Ehren

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development