Four new ages for Uru

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Four new ages for Uru

Postby Deledrius » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:51 am

Dulcamara wrote:Do you work with Blender, Korman or 3DsMax?
Ah, yes and thank you for the book with instructions for agebuilders, that was great :)

According to the journal you mention, it appears that these were built in Blender with PyPRP.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:35 am

Oh yes, you are right Deledrius. My mistake :-)
I should have seen it.
As you can see how little I actually understand the matter. LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But heck, eyes to and through :D
Dulcamara

Postby melvin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:04 am

Glad you are all enjoying these new ages, they are something to do in these long dark nights
that are rolling in. They have taken over six years to make using Blender 2.46 & 2.49b Not that
I worked all the time on them, mainly on weekends & on holidays off work, five weeks in a year.
There is no linking book to the Ruins of Azmar, it is a Bahro accessed age linked too from a
stone in the tomb in Palamary Bay or the bubble in Peridia when it is activated. You can just
delete the showIn=none in the text file in the img/Ageinfo folder to make it appear in your
nexus, it will not spoil much of the story.
melvin

Postby Théodore » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:10 am

I finally reached Ruins of Azmar the proper way. It is an amazing set of ages! You have done a fantastic job! You took your time (6 years!!!) and it shows, very well crafted ages. My forte are complex ages like Dulcamara's or Denost's, ages where our brains are our allies.

In my journey so far, here's what is still missing:

1) I'm missing 2 of the 3 shell codes to open the safe in Myst Refuge. Those 2 shells are located in Peridia. The way the safe works though, it boils down to
Show Spoiler

Not that I need them absolutely but I'd like to know where they are hidden.

2) I'm missing 2 out of the 10 pearls in Palamary Bay.
I'm missing Pearl #3 and Pearl #4. I did a thorough inspection everywhere. A hint would be really neat ;)

3) I know the linking book to Myst Refuge is hidden in the recess in the Nexus room in Palamary Bay. I cannot find the secret switch to open it though. I must have touch every inch of that huge room with no avail... A helping hand would be appreciated.

As for the Ruins of Azmar, I found 1 hand print out of 6... and 1 bag of gold out of 10 :shock: The age itself is very dark and quite huge. I'm glad we can lite ourselves up with the command "/lite w/b/r/g". I did cheat to see the final area. I don't feel guilt though since you "authorized" it perusing the book (on the table located in entrance building).

I will have plenty of long dark nights ahead to finish up that 4th age.

As for the hints, you can always PM me on this board if you prefer. Some explorers cannot resist the temptation of looking through spoilers and after that ... they are spoiled! 8-)

Thank you Melvin!

EDIT: Please do not give me hints for Ruins of Azmar. I'm just at the beginning. I'll try to solve it myself. I would like only hints for missing elements of other ages completed so far.
Théodore

Postby melvin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Now you have read this, I'll delete this message.
Last edited by melvin on Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melvin

Postby Théodore » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Thank you!

Show Spoiler

EDIT : Found 9 out of 12 bags of gold and got all the hand symbols in Ruins of Azmar. :D

And I also added spoilers to hide hints.
Théodore

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:21 pm

It's great to see new ages coming out, even if they do take awhile. :)

PSA: Please remember to update the List of Sequence Prefixes with your chosen prefix before starting to build your age. I notice that diafero had to add these four to the list. Bad things happen in the case of conflicts, so let's all do our part to keep everyone's Uru savegames stable.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby melvin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 am

I got diafero to add the prefix numbers about a month before releasing the ages, before that they just had a random number. I also sent him an email just before these ages were released with the download link wanting his opinion on them, but so far no reply.
melvin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Reasonable :)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Aloys » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:57 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:PSA: Please remember to update the List of Sequence Prefixes with your chosen prefix before starting to build your age

Dang; I have an Age I started working on years ago and I don't see it here. Could it be I had only registered it on the oooold Alcugs Almlys wiki list... :? That's ancient. (anyone even remember that list?)

[edit]
Haha, archive.org to the rescue! Found that old list here. :) 2009. :( Ok, that's kinda old. Can't find what I'm looking for on here though; I guess I never registered a prefix specifically for that Age and shared one of my other prefixes across several Ages.. Which is a bad idea, right?
Aloys

PreviousNext

Return to Building