[Blender-PyPRP-AlcScript] soundfx isn't playing

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: [Blender-PyPRP-AlcScript] soundfx isn't playing

Postby Maroonroon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:32 am

dendwaler wrote:I remember that these weird behaviour is the result of copying objects in blender.
All involved elements have to be set as single user in Blender for each of its properties.
Though nothing can be shared.

So in your case the script is probably fine, but the blendfile not.

ps,
i downloaded your age, but can't look into it before the weekend.

Thank you for you answer, dendwaler.
OK, I now have set all the blend file's objects "single user" (Object Mode -> U, 3 = Object & ObData & Materials+Tex).

Doobes wrote:I noticed in your a.py file that you're importing some of the global scripts such as xAgeSDLBoolToggle and xStandardDoor. No need for that as Cyan has those built in.

OK, import of xAgeSDLBoolToggle and xStandardDoor removed.

Doobes wrote:I noticed, in one place, I used "book" instead of "bool". Oops! It's fixed now. :P

:)
I noticed in my blend file that I gave the "Avatar" object the property "String -> page_num -> 1"...
There's no Page 1 in that blend file; "Avatar" property updated to "String -> page_num -> 0"

Doobes wrote:
Show Spoiler

So:
- The blend file's objects are now "single user", the "book" became a "bool", and the "Avatar" object's "page_num" property have been updated.
- The import of xAgeSDLBoolToggle and xStandardDoor have been removed from the "a.py" file and the "a.pak" file have been updated.
Sadly, same result.
Last edited by Maroonroon on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maroonroon

Postby dendwaler » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:56 am

i noticed one other thing, i am not able to try it yet because i only have installed 2.8 at the moment.
The regions!
Do not overlap regions ! the exclude regions does overlap both other regions.
It must be between the regions.
its also a "sharing" problem, regions must be adjacent or fully including another region.

and not relevant for the current problem,
I noticed, you use double sided texturing.
only use single sided and texture on the side from which the normal is pointing.(normal orthogonal to texture)
Therefore a room, most of the time needs an outside and an inside wall. or simply use a cube for a wall, there is no need to remove top or bottom or any sides,
because its the number of vertices that counts not the number of faces.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Maroonroon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:34 am

dendwaler wrote:Do not overlap regions ! the exclude regions does overlap both other regions.
It must be between the regions.
its also a "sharing" problem, regions must be adjacent or fully including another region.

Thank you, I forgot about that; I'll try.

dendwaler wrote:I noticed, you use double sided texturing.
only use single sided and texture on the side from which the normal is pointing.(normal orthogonal to texture)

In the "Buttons Window", the "Double Sided" button of "Editing" is down by default, but anyway, the textures are always rendered "Single Sided" on my computer... I don't know why.
I'll also try to up this button, thank you.

dendwaler wrote:Therefore a room, most of the time needs an outside and an inside wall. or simply use a cube for a wall, there is no need to remove top or bottom or any sides,
because its the number of vertices that counts not the number of faces.

I know it, but I was thinking that removing useless faces could help loading an Age faster, or making less lag, or, this kind of things; giving more in game performances... So, I was wrong?

I'll try again with those informations and edit this post if there isn't any other post before I come back.

EDIT: Sadly, same result.

EDIT 2: I found something in the AlcScrit, I'm looking at it...
Last edited by Maroonroon on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Maroonroon

Postby Doobes » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:39 am

The AlcScript in your latest post still shows the old code I gave you with my unfortunate typo. Did you try the new version?

Show Spoiler
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Maroonroon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Doobes wrote:The AlcScript in your latest post still shows the old code I gave you with my unfortunate typo. Did you try the new version?

Oops sorry, I've copy/paste the wrong thing in the wrong place... :p

Yes I tryed the new version and removed the "-" in "- value: Door01OpenClose". ;)
I also extracted the "xStandardDoor.py" and took a look at it to know what the parameters was for; I then saw that you reversed the Ext" and "Int" parameters. ;)

Next, I changed the name "Door01OpenClose" to "Door01Closed", and set the "VAR BOOL Door01Closed[1]" to "DEFAULT=1"; both to match the behavior of the "xStandardDoor.py" parameters.
Finaly, I updated the "a.py", "a.pak" and "a.blend" files.

IT WORKS! (Kind of...) Both of the buttons works, the sound is played, the door opens/closes, and the door state is saved.
BUT, each time I click on a button, I have to "/link a" to be able to click again on a button; because the buttons are no longer clickable when one of them have been clicked.
Last edited by Maroonroon on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Maroonroon

Postby Deledrius » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:17 am

Maroonroon wrote:I also extracted the "xStandardDoor.py" and took a look at it to know what the parameters was for; I then saw that you reversed the Ext" and "Int" parameters. ;)

No need to do all that! I already did the work to document as many of the global scripts as I could: https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Global_ ... ndard_Door

I haven't yet added AlcScript examples to all of them, though, mostly because it's not needed in Korman. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Maroonroon » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:55 am

Deledrius wrote:No need to do all that! I already did the work to document as many of the global scripts as I could: https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Global_ ... ndard_Door

Thank you, Deledrius.
Maroonroon

Postby Maroonroon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:10 am

I still have to find why the buttons are no longer clickable when one of them have been clicked... :?

Book: Show Spoiler

AlcScript: Show Spoiler

a.py: Show Spoiler

a.sdl: Show Spoiler

Previous attachment removed -> updated here.
''a''_age_-_sliding_door_-_2019_10_29.zip
"a" Age - Sliding door - 2019/10/29
(255.54 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Maroonroon

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:40 am

Is it possible to send the Blendfile? I often have had the same problem. Maybe i find the error in it.

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Maroonroon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:08 am

Dulcamara wrote:Is it possible to send the Blendfile? I often have had the same problem. Maybe i find the error in it.

Greetings
Dulcamara

Hello Dulcamara.
The file is inside the attachment of my previous post; but I think that you saw it after sending your post, as it have been doawloaded. ;)
Maroonroon

PreviousNext

Return to Scripting