Gehn.27 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.27 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:32 pm

Changes in this build:
  • Add Ages from Doobes.
  • Add GNU and GPLv3 clothing items (t-shirt, long-sleeve shirt, fleece jacket).
  • Allow downloading all game files directly from Gehn.
  • Change the station on Zandi's radio.
  • Fix avatar not closing the Relto book upon link-in to Relto.
  • Fix erroneous KI "blackbar" handles appearing on ultrawide resolutions.
  • Fix erroneous whitespace prepended to Age names in the Nexus.
  • Fix issue with unicode characters crashing the login dialog.
  • Fix the "Bill" Visitor issue in the StartUp Age.
  • Fix potential hang when connecting to an Age during the Link.
  • Improve voice chat by using the Opus codec and increasing sampling rate.
  • Restore link to Cyan's Guild of Messengers Pub in Nexus.
  • Lecture errant subsystems.

Please note: The Vothol Gallery and Fehnir's House are no longer accessible through the Nexus, but they haven't been removed! You will find linking books to them in one of the new Ages...
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn.27 Live!

Postby Acorn » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Congratulations, everyone! Looking forward to exploring :D
Acorn

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Cant get in to Gehn Shard

"Uru has an serious error, please send the log data to the developer...."
How can i do that, i see no Folder with Log data.....

Dulcamara :cry:
Dulcamara

Postby Deledrius » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:44 am

Dulcamara wrote:Cant get in to Gehn Shard

"Uru has an serious error, please send the log data to the developer...."
How can i do that, i see no Folder with Log data.....

Dulcamara :cry:

Sorry! Is this a fresh install or an existing one? You should be able to find the log data at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru - Gehn Shard\Log.

When did you receive this error? During patching, or did the game already begin to launch?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Dulcamara » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:45 am

Hello Deledrius

it is a existing install, which was ok before, I tested it last week.

I start the Uru launcher with Admin. To this point all is ok, the pic with the login data shows up. I accept the rules.....Then a black screen with the error report.
Dulcamara

Postby Théodore » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:07 am

Fix issue with unicode characters crashing the login dialog.

Yes! I logged on yesterday, created my avatar, and I visited some ages like Chiso Preniv and The New Messengers Pub.

We are in another ball park with those ages! Is that me or this shard is shining? It looks like there's a cleaning team always at work in there, no dust to be seen, reflections about anywhere you look.
Théodore

Postby Doobes » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:16 am

I suppose the good news is you're not the only one getting the error, Dulcamara. Just be sure to send in your logs and I'm sure they'll pinpoint the cause soon!

Give it some time though as I'm sure we're all a bit mentally exhausted after this release. :D

Théodore wrote:We are in another ball park with those ages!

I can only claim credit for the Pub and Chiso, but thank you! :)

Théodore wrote:Is that me or this shard is shining? It looks like there's a cleaning team always at work in there, no dust to be seen, reflections about anywhere you look.

Those are the Dynamic Camera Maps, or DCMs. It's one of the neat things that MOUL can do that PotS can't.

Note that the Pub and Chiso are unique in that they're the first (that I know about, correct me if I'm wrong!) publicly-released Ages exported with Korman. If they look and function even halfway decent, it's because of the hard work the H'uru folks have put into the plugin over the years. ;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Charura » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:31 pm

I'm having the same problem{s} as Dulcamara has been {is} experiencing Cautiously awaiting?
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby darkwingduck » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:32 pm

hi guys … I still cant get in in …. even with the previous installer it keep telling me (authentication failed... incorrect password)…. this is getting frustrating , ive done everything by the book …. created an account on the website, downloaded the installer. installed it but still I get this (authentication failed... incorrect password)...
darkwingduck

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Charura wrote:I'm having the same problem{s} as Dulcamara has been {is} experiencing Cautiously awaiting?

Can you and Dulcamara please zip and upload the contents of the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru - Gehn Shard\log for me to examine?

darkwingduck wrote:hi guys … I still cant get in in …. even with the previous installer it keep telling me (authentication failed... incorrect password)…. this is getting frustrating , ive done everything by the book …. created an account on the website, downloaded the installer. installed it but still I get this (authentication failed... incorrect password)...

I looked through the server logs to figure out what was going wrong. You need to use your forum username, not your email address to login. :)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Next

Return to Gehn Shard