ZLZ PRP Importer

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: ZLZ PRP Importer

Postby Doobes » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:01 am

Sirius wrote:
Deledrius wrote:Aww, that's a shame. They've been on the fork since November, but I guess you didn't see them. Hope it helps anyway. :(

I didn't know this fork existed, I can't find any mention of it on Gitlab. Oh well, it's alright.

That's odd. I can see both Deledrius' and Hoikas' forks (after signing in with my GitHub account). /shrug

From a purely end-user standpoint, I highly recommend merging those changes too. I've been using them for awhile now and they definitely improve the final import in a few key ways, particularly for MOUL Ages and setting things up automatically for Korman. They also fixed that pesky "everything is set to Multiply" issue. ;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Sirius » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:22 am

Doobes wrote:That's odd. I can see both Deledrius' and Hoikas' forks (after signing in with my GitHub account). /shrug

Ah yes, it's only visible when signed in. Good to know.

Doobes wrote:From a purely end-user standpoint, I highly recommend merging those changes too. I've been using them for awhile now and they definitely improve the final import in a few key ways, particularly for MOUL Ages and setting things up automatically for Korman.

Don't worry, like I said I have all of Deledrius' modifs, and plenty more. ZLZ can now setup more than 20 Korman modifiers, has a bunch of bugfixes, etc. Should be pretty useful.

Doobes wrote:They also fixed that pesky "everything is set to Multiply" issue.

Okay, okay, I'll remove it ;) Personally I never had any issue with it, but whatever is more convenient.
Sirius

Postby Doobes » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm

Sirius wrote:Personally I never had any issue with it, but whatever is more convenient.

Really? That's odd. It caused the Ages I imported to export mostly black. /shrug

In any case, the work you guys have done and are still doing is making the conversion of the Cyan Ages to Korman-ready blend files much easier...so thank you. :)
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Sirius » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Ah, I thought it caused Blender to render those objects black - I didn't think about re-exporting to Plasma. Yeah, that could cause issues indeed. No problem, I'll remove it !

Doobes wrote:In any case, the work you guys have done and are still doing is making the conversion of the Cyan Ages to Korman-ready blend files much easier...so thank you. :)

You're welcome ! As someone who enjoys tinkering with Cyan's Ages, I understand how fun having them in Blender can be.
Thank you for your interest in it, this motivates me to keep improving it ! Don't hesitate to write about any issue you have with it, I'll do what I can to fix things.
And congrats to everyone who work on Korman - while I don't actually export Ages often, I still find it very pleasing to work with. HSPlasma too, obviously.

(Doobes, you'll stop thanking me once you get to reexporting the bigger Ages like Gahreesen or Teledahn. At that point, you'll probably run into so many issues you'll be cursing me instead :lol: )

EDIT:
I wrote:And here is my current version of the physics importer, which sums it all up.

(Just in case: I noticed I forgot to remove a bogus line around l98 in this file.)
Code: Select all
if version == pl.pvPots:
    if phys.mass != 0 or phys.getProperty(pl.plSimulationInterface.kPhysAnim):
        quatRot.identity()
        vectPos = Vector()
        self.collisionsInWorldSpace.append(blObj) # ← wrong - this definitely shouldn't be here.
Sirius

Postby Doobes » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:06 am

Speaking of physicals, I made a slight change to physImporter.py to exclude detector regions from getting a collision mod. Korman's collision modifier, even with nothing checked, breaks the region in-game. It looks like there was a list used to weed those out, but was never implemented (isCollider). The slight adjustment of the code I made uses it and, after testing, excludes the detector regions from getting a mod. :)
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Sirius » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:37 am

Good catch, I forgot to ignore regions when adding support for Korman's collider mod. Will fix this soon on my end. Thanks for the report !

Doobes wrote:It looks like there was a list used to weed those out, but was never implemented (isCollider).

isCollider is actually used to put colliders and regions on different layers (so that the two are easier to tell apart):
Code: Select all
self.parent.sceneImporter.appendObjectToScenes(blObj, SceneImporter.layerColliders if isCollider else SceneImporter.layerRegions)
Sirius

Postby Marcello2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:07 am

Hi,

I recently installed Blender (2.79) again and the new add ons. I wanted to have a look again at some older ages. Maybe hoping to start building something myself again. First one I tried was Tweeks Tosholek, which imported perfectly. However when I try .age or .prp files from my main MO:UL of Gehnshard installs I get permission denied errors in the dos window. Am I forgetting something here?

Thnx a lot :-)
Marcello2

Postby Sirius » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:13 am

Hmmm, I have never run into this error before, but let's see if we can figure out what's wrong ;)
Can you tell me what OS you are using, and where is your copy of Uru installed ? On Windows that might be in C:/Program Files, which may cause issues... You may try to copy all the AGE and PRP files to another folder and try to import from there, it might solve the problem.
Also, is there anything else printed in the DOS window ? If you can, copy-paste the whole content here. You can right-click the window's title bar, go to Edit→Select All, press Enter and it will copy the whole message (this works on Windows, not sure about other OSes).
Sirius

Postby Marcello2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:00 am

Hi Sirius,

Copying did the trick. Just imported Delin succesfully. Btw I am using Windows 10.

Complete log:

ZLZ Uru Importer: Be Invoked !
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Marcello\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\zero_length_zenith\importer.py", line 85, in execute
log=Log(sys.stdout, filePath+".log", "w")
File "C:\Users\Marcello\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\zero_length_zenith\log.py", line 27, in __init__
self.file=open(filename, mode)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Uru Live\\dat\\EderDelin.age.log'

Marcello2

Postby Sirius » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:35 am

Ah, that makes sense. The importer writes a log file and extract textures to the import directory, which fails if the import location is in Program Files as this is a non-writeable directory.
For now, either continue copying the files to another location, or run Blender as admin. I will see if I can find a workaround for the next version of the importer.
Sirius

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development