Chat font is tiny

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Chat font is tiny

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:47 am

The font for the chat window on Deep Island is tiny, and cranking up the font size slider in the KI settings doesn't help. I think this used to be better. Is it possible that installing Chogon's Win10 + widescreen patch broke this? Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

Maybe Zrax can wave their magic wand of editing the UruExplorer.exe file again. ;) Or maybe there's a Python-only fix, that would be much easier?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Chat font is tiny

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:06 am

Change the miniKI's multiline edit chat area to "Scale with Resolution" in the PRP.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:12 am

At least on my system, things are tiny even with the old binary (using the same resolution of 1920x1080).

Change the miniKI's multiline edit chat area to "Scale with Resolution" in the PRP.

Thanks, I was going to try some Python hacks (seems easier than PRP editing) but I'll try this first.

It still seems odd though that the font size slider in the KI does just nothing. I think it has been like that pretty much always, but still -- not sure why.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:23 am

Yes that seems to work great, thanks a lot :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:06 pm

Yeah, for some reason, Cyan forgot to mark that setting on the miniKI in the max file, so the font can't scale with the resolution and can only *decrease* from its setting. 15 years ago that was no big deal because we were all using tiny screens and playing at 1024x768. Now, we need the text to get bigger with our gameplay resolution ;)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:34 pm

I don't feel like font size is decreasing with the KI setting though. Should that happen in real time as I slide that slider?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:47 pm

Yes
Tsar Hoikas

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:09 am

Something is wrong then. I looked at the code and nothing seemed obviously off... strange.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:22 pm

diafero wrote:Should that happen in real time as I slide that slider?

AFAIK this has never ever worked on CC. Sounds like an engine/API bug we'll have to live with.
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:39 pm

It worked fine in Untìl Uru, IIRC.
Tsar Hoikas

Next

Return to Deep Island