Korman - possible to link to an age by using a clickable?

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Korman - possible to link to an age by using a clickable?

Postby ametist » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:45 am

I am converting my old age Kinnekulle to korman and it goes well :). One thing though - there is a alcScript there which make it possible to touch a clickable and be linked to another age, Dragons Tooth. Is it possible to do that with korman logic nodes? I see in the wiki that there is a script, xSimpleLinkingBook.py, that should be used for exporting to DI. But I would prefer to not have a book and do it like it is now ;) .
ametist

Re: Korman - possible to link to an age by using a clickable

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:53 am

I don't see any script in the offline KI that will enable this. Diafero will hate us for this, but you should probably just use the Link to Age Messsage node in a responder tree.

Amusingly, while I was looking at the scripts, I realized xDynamicPanel.py does a similar job to the script I wrote for you. Oh well, it's a lot more complicated and is documented absolutely nowhere.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby diafero » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:28 am

I said my piece about linking responders [a long time ago](viewtopic.php?f=93&t=5004). ;)

We probably should have a Python script for this -- that shouldn't be too hard, right?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ametist » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:14 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Amusingly, while I was looking at the scripts, I realized xDynamicPanel.py does a similar job to the script I wrote for you. Oh well, it's a lot more complicated and is documented absolutely nowhere.

I am glad you wrote that puzzle script, xAgeSDLBoolActivatorCombo.py, instead of telling me to use that old one :). The puzzle script is so easy to use and very versatile, I use it in two ages, with slightly different settings.

diafero wrote:I said my piece about linking responders [a long time ago](viewtopic.php?f=93&t=5004). ;)

We probably should have a Python script for this -- that shouldn't be too hard, right?

Yes, you have and I have read it so I wanted to be real sure before I tried anything ;).

I decided to skip that 'magic' link method and go for a book instead so here is what I have, using the xSimpleLinkingBook.py and a linking book modifier. It works for URUoffline but is it safe to export this age with this?

Show Spoiler
ametist

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:01 pm

You don't need to use xSimpleLinkingBook.py with the linking book modifier - it (should) export that for you :)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby ametist » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:17 pm

Thanks! Yes, it felt a little to heavy to have both the script and the modifier in place ;) .
ametist

Return to Scripting