Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Postby Sirius » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:32 am

Yep. I really need to get this new Drizzle version out soon.
Shouldn't be too long though, I mostly need to backport the fix and playtest things to make sure nothing broke... :geek:
(I'm sorry this takes so long, but I'm even working the weekends these days. And I still have to fix my car's gearbox before it blows up. And visit a friend whom I haven't seen in a while due to lockdown and can only see on weekends due to the stupid 6pm curfew. Ugh.)
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:22 pm

Aaaand there ! I'm not the fastest worker around here :lol: but it's finally done.

Drizzle32. Use this for offline use.
Drizzle31.1. This will soon allow you to access the updated MOUL Ages on Deep Island (I emailed the changes to Diafero, he will likely update Deep Island when he has time).
New SDL for the GreatTreePub. Put this in your Uru/SDL folder. This will eventually be distributed with the Offline-KI.

As usual, let me know if you encounter any issue :)
Sirius

Postby Maroonroon » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:41 am

The new Drizzle32.jar and the new GreatTreePub.sdl seems to work very well on both my Notebook and my Desktop computer (Windows 8.1 Pro x64 for both), thank you very much Sirius! 8-)
Maroonroon

Postby RowanSkye » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:07 pm

Sirius wrote:Aaaand there ! I'm not the fastest worker around here :lol: but it's finally done.

Drizzle31.1. This will soon allow you to access the updated MOUL Ages on Deep Island (I emailed the changes to Diafero, he will likely update Deep Island when he has time).
New SDL for the GreatTreePub. Put this in your Uru/SDL folder. This will eventually be distributed with the Offline-KI.

As usual, let me know if you encounter any issue :)

You know, the fact that it took me staring at my Github history for me to realize that this was actually patched meant that things were really taking too long, haha. Will be trying this out soon.
RowanSkye

Postby Maroonroon » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:39 am

Just one thing I saw yesterday on "Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (x64)*" when I tryed to use the "#2" Linking-Book, running the game with the following properties: See screenshot.

Properties for "Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (x64)*":
- "Uru.exe" (previously "UruSetup".exe) and "UruExplorer.exe": "Compatibility" tab -> Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (SP3)
- Shorcut to "Uru.exe": "Shortcut" tab -> "Advanced..." button -> Run as Administrator

Note: For converted "Myst V" on Windows 7, I added an "old_" prefix to the 6 AVI files which have the "WithAlpha" expression in their names; it isn't needed on Windows 8.1.

Screenshot Show Spoiler

*Yes, I just reinstalled Windows 7..."
Maroonroon

Postby RubyQ » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:43 pm

Thanks so much, Sirius!

I did the update today, including the greattreepub.sdl (which I caught quite by chance). Four hours later, I realized I hadn't come up for air! Everything has worked smoothly. The best part is that it's been so long since I first played MystV from CD's that I've forgotten a lot of the puzzle answers and so have the pleasure of working them out again.

We new ones discover the shards as you old-timers are leaving... sad, but you've helped make it possible for us! Yes, I for one appreciate all of you who have paved the way.
Anitochka
Deep Island KI 00385901
MOULA KI 09140118
RubyQ

Postby Sirius » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:18 am

Maroonroon wrote:"Linking to spawn point LinkInFromTdmDirebo in D'ni-Tiwah is not possible" (on the "Todelmer island" of Direbo).

Wow, sorry, I missed this post. This book does work correctly on my install, but I'll check if I can find out what's wrong and fix it. Thanks for the report !

Maroonroon wrote:*Yes, I just reinstalled Windows 7..."

I won't cast the first stone, I absolutely hate what Windoz 10 has become...

RubyQ wrote:Thanks so much, Sirius!

I'm glad you're enjoying it ! Hopefully the few quirks left didn't prevent you from having fun :)

RubyQ wrote:We new ones discover the shards as you old-timers are leaving...

Oh, I never really left, but at the time I released this, I needed a breather after working non-stop on Drizzle32 for a long while. And the people left are mostly working on Gehn nowadays.
Now that things are picking up again with new people coming and stuff being released, I'm actually going back to finishing some older projects (including fixing Drizzle32). Although it's going slowly, because I'm no longer a student and now have to earn my keep (which got more difficult with covid).
I also got some exciting stuff in the works for later. Can't let Doobes constantly steal the spotlight, can we :lol:
Sirius

Postby Maroonroon » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:36 am

Sirius wrote:
Maroonroon wrote:"Linking to spawn point LinkInFromTdmDirebo in D'ni-Tiwah is not possible" (on the "Todelmer island" of Direbo).

Wow, sorry, I missed this post. This book does work correctly on my install, but I'll check if I can find out what's wrong and fix it. Thanks for the report !

No problemo ! :)

Sirius wrote:
Maroonroon wrote:*Yes, I just reinstalled Windows 7..."

I won't cast the first stone, I absolutely hate what Windoz 10 has become...

;)
Maroonroon

Postby RubyQ » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:48 pm

Sirius wrote:
[*]Jalak widgets now behave correctly ! No warping at insane speed in the arena ! Decreased lag in the interface !
(You need to convert MOUL Ages again to use this.)

How do you "convert the MOUL ages"? Apparently I've never done it for my offline install because my Minkata, Jalak, Eder Tsogal, Eder Delin, etc. links either don't work or cause a crash.

I don't need exact details if there are already instructions you could point me towards.

Hope this is the right place to ask! I've searched and searched throughout the forum without finding the answer. I was inspired to tackle this issue again after seeing some recent posts by Korovev that mention possible problems with MOUL ages, but again, he was taking it for granted that the ages are there to begin with.
Anitochka
Deep Island KI 00385901
MOULA KI 09140118
RubyQ

Postby Sirius » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:23 am

Instructions are here, let me know if you need more help ;)

Note that if I remember correctly, you can safely ignore this part which is no longer required (Drizzle will likely fail on it anyway):
There also is a "Start..." button next to the "Pots folder" selection: Hitting it will apply some patches to your Uru installation that make the Offline KI even better. For example, this allows for fan ages to get their own custom linking images and book covers in Relto and Nexus.
Sirius

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development