Alabaster's Depths

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Alabaster's Depths

Postby Théodore » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:48 pm

That's funny!

I was really scratching my head because I have the 6 equations. I'm good at solving equations and I was questioning my sanity here; if I can solve 5 equations out of 6, the last one will be a child's play. I saw the "X" but really thought the equation was not complete so I completed it in my head. I was still in equation solving mode. I completed it to have the same result because I was multiplying by the same d'ni numeral. Now, I know what has to be multiplied!

Now that I get it, I will gladly go with confidence, open that open door, and end up in a dead end! :lol: I already know my fate.

At least, I learnt 2 lessons in your latest age: look everywhere (ref. 7th cloth) and don't assume it is an equation even thought it seems at first glance (ref. door code).

Thank you for this great installment in your ever expanding series of ages!
Looking for the next one, I hope the monster won't follow our trails...
Théodore

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:43 am

Theodore wrote:
That's funny!

Good to see you take it with humor :-)
Dulcamara

Postby diafero » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:40 am

because Diafero can't make the Age invisible.

I can make ages invisible so only admins can go there, but what I cannot do is make an age visible only for you. ;)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:48 am

Diafero wrote:
I can make ages invisible so only admins can go there, but what I cannot do is make an age visible only for you

That's exactly what I meant, even if I didn't write it like that in my good English. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But since I'm not an admin and you can't test my world. Is it the way it is :-) :) :)
Dulcamara

Postby Ehren » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:29 pm

I need help, so this will contain spoilers for Alabaster's Depths.

I have been trying for a long time now to open that door with six buttons to its right, and I don't understand why nothing I try works. Is it even possible to open this door?

I found 7 cloths.
I found all 6 crystal
I found 5 equations:
1 = 3
2 = 5
I was unable to find 3
4 = 1
5 = 4
6 = 6

I figured out opening the long crystal compartment above the six buttons. Note that the color lists I'm about to give will be in reference to pressing the buttons underneath the specified color of crystal seen in that compartment.

First I just tried the raw pedestal order in case those equations were for a different puzzle:
Cyan, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue

Next I tried swapping each pedestal number with what the equations added/subtracted up to. For 3 I assumed it must be 3 = 2 due to process of elimination:
Yellow, Orange, Cyan, Green, Red, Blue

Next I tried reversing what each side of the equal sign meant:
Orange, Green, Red, Cyan, Yellow, Blue

None of these worked, so I don't know what to do. Should one of them have worked?
Ehren

Postby Théodore » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:09 pm

Ehren,

you are missing 1 equation. That equation is crucial because without it, you cannot open the door. Because the equation you are missing as an added feature to it. From that point on, you will be able to solve the puzzle of the crystals. Beyond that door, you won't find much though. You might be aware or not but Alabaster's Depth is so vast Dulcamara broke it down into 3 parts. That door will enable us to go to part 2 of the age.

The issue I have right now is I forgot to put the location where I found the equation you are missing, it could be underwater or behind a rock or high up or hidden deep inside the age. As you know, the age is immense so, good luck. On the flip side, the area beyond the door you are trying to open isn't ready yet.

The only clue I have with me that could help you out is that I identified the orange crystal as being the number 3 and I associated the cloth 4 to it meaning in my scramblings that the equation 3 must be near cloth 4.
Théodore

Postby Dulcamara » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:35 pm

Try the rooms with the Trickdoors :-)
Dulcamara

Postby Caputh » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:16 pm

I was just wondering whereabouts the green crystal is... can't find it to save my life. Am assuming that the door can't be opened 'till I've found all 6. Have found four of the number button clues (3(!), 2, 4 and 6) but assume that by a process of elimination I could solve the last two -still, would like to know why I'm too stupid to find the other two. Desperation led me to discover that you can swim underwater to the Alabaster gate, which was fun, but fruitless. Think this is one of the best fan ages of all, btw. ...

Edit. a day later and I found it - but it was fiendishly hidden! :lol:
Caputh

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:48 am

Hello Theodore,

there is something for testing for you. Please check your PM :-)
Dulcamara

Postby Théodore » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:05 pm

Yeah thanks... I wonder what it is ;)

Sorry, I don't visit the forum much these days. I have surface preoccupations.

But like I told you already in PM, I will give it a try this weekend!

EDIT: To Dulcamara, see zip file please ;)
Attachments
Log Alabasters Depths.zip
(408.12 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Théodore

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island