Help Needed with Building Plasma Client/ Server...

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Help Needed with Building Plasma Client/ Server...

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:38 pm

Yes... Once you copy the example_server file to your MOUL-OS folder, right click on it and press Rename. You'll want to change its name to just server.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby lizzie_tsai » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:02 pm

Then create the shortcut, I'm assuming? I still need help with the /LocalData being marked as not valid.
lizzie_tsai

Postby lizzie_tsai » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:51 pm

I tried running Plclient.exe right now, and it seemed to load a bunch of files and then just take me to a black screen. I assume it's not taking me to the start screen because we didn't put /LocalData in the Properties of the file yet.
lizzie_tsai

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:02 am

I shot a quick video of how to make a shortcut. I'm right-clicking each time I want to edit or create the shortcut.

EDIT: And, uh, when the mouse went out of the video frame, I clicked "Properties".
Tsar Hoikas

Postby lizzie_tsai » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Well, we managed to start the URU program... :) But we may need one more thing.

For context, what we are also trying to do was create a server so we could play Magiquest Online. As you probably know, this game is now defunct because the server doesn't exist. The folks on the Magiquest Discord told us that we should fork the Guild of Writers Version of the Plasma client and to look into this forum.

This is the end goal of this project- to have Magiquest Online in a playable model. I tried replacing the avi, dat and sfx files with Magiquest Online files (theorizing that it would work the same since they were built on the same engine) but this yielded no results. Is there any way you or anyone else can help with this portion of the project?

I am extremely grateful for your assistance throughout this process. I have learned a lot. I don't know where we would have gotten without your help. Thank you so much.
lizzie_tsai

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:20 pm

Hmmm... I know there were some differences between the MagiQuest and MOUL data formats, but I think that bit could work with some tinkering. What is more challenging is that we will also need the MagiQuest python scripts, which were a bit more difficult to obtain. I don't have any MagiQuest files from later than the beta phase (yikes), let alone the python files. :| Do any of your discord friends have an idea for how to source those?
Tsar Hoikas

Postby lizzie_tsai » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:51 pm

Uh, no. I think this is the extent of their knowledge. Sorry.

I do have this file... I don't know if the python scripts are in here, but it might be useful.
Attachments
mqo.png
mqo.png (56.03 KiB) Viewed 7683 times
lizzie_tsai

Postby lizzie_tsai » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:55 pm

I think someone on the Discord might have the Python scripts, but I'm hesitant to bother him about that. If we don't have them, is there any other way we can source them?
Last edited by lizzie_tsai on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizzie_tsai

Postby Paradox » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:35 pm

Just to throw another complication in here, there are minor changes to the data format of some classes in MagiQuest Online, and the Uru engine won't know how to handle those objects :(
Paradox

Postby lizzie_tsai » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:27 am

Hi Paradox!

I already saw that when I was trying my idea.i didn't know if I should mention it because I didn't know if it was important. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.
Last edited by lizzie_tsai on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizzie_tsai

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development