Font size in DI chat

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Font size in DI chat

Postby chloe » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:46 am

My font size in chat seems to be stuck on very small (all most unreadable to me). Moving the font sizing slider to the right doesn't do anything. Any chance of getting it fixed? Thanks.
chloe

Re: Font size in DI chat

Postby diafero » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 am

I recently (well, less than a year ago^^) shipped a change that should have increased the font size, see viewtopic.php?f=111&t=7161 for some context. However, sadly, I could not figure out a way to make the font size slider do anything -- the old engine might just not support this.

Which screen resolution are you using for Uru? Does it make any difference to use Windowed mode instead?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby chloe » Sun May 23, 2021 12:00 pm

My resolution is 800x600. How do I switch over to window mode?
chloe

Postby diafero » Mon May 24, 2021 4:18 am

In the "Graphics" tab in the launcher, there is a checkbox "Windowed" in the upper right part of the window.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby chloe » Mon May 24, 2021 10:44 am

I tried the windowed mode but it only opens up to a 4 inch x 4 inch screen. My cursor is trapped inside that screen so I can't move it to the top to click on the square which would make the screen larger.
chloe

Postby ametist » Wed May 26, 2021 1:48 am

Try to set the Screen resolution to for example 1280x960, that's what I have. It gives me a window this size. Now the picture here is maybe small, but in game I can read the chat without problems
Show Spoiler
ametist

Postby chloe » Wed May 26, 2021 9:27 am

ametist wrote:Try to set the Screen resolution to for example 1280x960, that's what I have. It gives me a window this size. Now the picture here is maybe small, but in game I can read the chat without problems
Show Spoiler

I tried that, didn't work. I think the problem is with the font slider. It doesn't change the size when it's moved to the right. But thank you for trying to help.
chloe

Postby diafero » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:39 am

I tried the windowed mode but it only opens up to a 4 inch x 4 inch screen

I think that's the problem, but I don't know enough about Windows to tell what's going on. Either your screen resolution is very high, or your game resolution is very low, or both.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island