Fan Age Exp: Edereden [spoilers]

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Fan Age Exp: Edereden [spoilers]

Postby Korovev » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:29 pm

Edereden Show Spoiler

On the 78th expedition of the Fan Ages Touring Club we visited Edereden, by Jhon J. Jaguar. See Minasunda’s video!

Released in July 2021, Edereden is the fifth and last chapter in The Secret of the Rainbow series, about a group of defectors from the Black Ships’ flagship, the Erimanthus, and its cruel captain Krakon. The earlier ‘chapters’ are Shorah Pahts, Lonirvan, Tentsahveet, and Somahoglahn. As usual, the story of the age is told in journals in five laguages, although this time you will need to solve the puzzle first.

The main puzzle in this age is comprised of four locks; clues for each can be found in the final areas of the previous chapters. Minasunda made a video walkthrough.
Before pulling the last lever, be sure to be in third person view for a nice animation ;)

Past the puzzle door, in the garden at the end of the walkway, there is a statue, JJJ’s homage to the late Andy Legate, who inspired many age builders and helped them with his tutorials.

A recording of the Twitch stream is available.

-----

Next time (August 29 at 11:00 KIT) we will visit Kohdalan by Itep Edor and others. Until then!

(Previous tour: Terahgrahm & Zahlto)
Last edited by Korovev on Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Re: Fan Age Exp: Edereden [spoilers]

Postby ondine » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:39 am

Shorah

The scenario is the scaffolding of all masterwork , it is a real delight to read your books, to browse these magnificent environments

Beyond the ages: the Call, beyond the pages: the Journey, at the crossroads: the Choice.

I liked all your ages. The courses of Edereden offer a beautiful palette of nuances, thank you very much for these additions which bring new visions, they unfold all their splendor at the feet of the traveler.

Show Spoiler

Can we hope to see other worlds we don't know exist, a rift into the unknown within a hidden ravine? On the back of the book, is engraved, the beloved phrase "An ending has not yet been written"!

Much thank you for these nice achievements...congratulations Jhon J. Jaguar

Ondine
ondine

Postby Théodore » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:46 am

Really nice age indeed!

It seems like Ondine said in the previous post, there will be some further adventures to live. I cannot wait. Thanks a lot Jhon J. Jaguar! I read 3 books and explored the 7 worlds and found the hidden ravine with a close door. A close door is always an invitation to go further beyond it. :lol:

Although, I must say, my exploration was ruined by someone named "Mabe" who left me quite an odd message before quitting the age:

"There are 85 fan ages in Deep Island"
"Why here of all places"
"Thanks"

Ok, let me get that straight to you, Mabe and all the other explorers... Deep Island is a public shard, it means that over a 1,000++ explorers can explore every ages they want whenever they want! Oh and BTW, it is more like 185++ fan ages than 85 ages...
I didn't know there was a rule that if you link to an age, you have to ask permission to explore the age if someone is already there! This is quite insulting! Learn to be civil or else, you can play on your personal URU install all alone. Oh and also, I never knew you were there in the first place because I didn't care to look if someone was already in the age. After the initial area is solved, the age has no other puzzle, so me being there doesn't change the course of your gameplay! The initial area could have been solved by anyone prior to yourself or myself. I know how to solve it so, if you are annoyed by the fact I sneaked my way through the initial puzzle area, guess what? I could have solved it myself, thanks!
Théodore

Postby Sirius » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Probably just a kid in need of growing up... ignore them, the Ages and Shard are public for a reason. You were neither harassing them nor preventing them from solving the Age, so you're in the right. And as a bonus you get the Age for yourself instead of sharing it with an idiot :lol:
Sirius

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:18 pm

For answer at your quest: you not have completed the age. I have added an Easter Egg,
That door in the dead corner ... you need find the code for open it. Is for true Myst Fans. Not necessary for the game, but is a challenge for your minds.
Sourprised? HEHE! I love all you guys, that's why i have pay attention to give you a challenge at your level. Good Luck Guys. And have fun :D :D :D

Thanks Ondine and Teodoro for your words. That's the top of the result i have hope for that job. The Diaries in the dead corner are the link for another Expansion (complete only in my head, for now).
Enjoy in your new place. In only a little thing but happy to know it like you. Thanks all guys.
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Théodore » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:49 pm

An Easter Egg... I think I know how to activate it. I saw a poster next to the doorway in the puzzle area with Riven symbols and colours. Then I read about each of the 7 worlds and their respective colours. And finally, I saw Riven symbols on the Archway of each world as I was entering into each of them. I will try something next time I go back to Edereden. Thanks Jhon. J. Jaguar!

Thanks Sirius for the comment. Like we say in French "je laisse ça glisser comme l'eau sur le dos d'un canard". I hope you are right and he/she is a child otherwise... poor soul!
Théodore

Return to Deep Island