First install- Stuck at creating player

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

First install- Stuck at creating player

Postby neurovac » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:56 am

Hello,

I've installed the client following instructions found here: https://guildofmessengers.org/how-to-play/#deepisland.
I've downloaded the zip file, and, after coping the "Uru CC" folder from the installed game folder, I extracted all the files in the zip file to the new Uru CC folder, always over writing existing files.
I then start Uru.exe that I see there.

In fact, I've done that many times. I can get a log on screen, I can log in, and am presented with the Read Me file from Rand Miller in the window, but when creating a player, Nothing gets me past that dialog. if I select "Import Progress from Single Player game" I immediately get" "Unspecified Server Error". If I do not select "Import Progress from Single Player game", It goes to "Uru Setup" dialog. This dialog has a list of the current people logged in to the shard. At the bottom, it perpetually shows "Creating Player..." and that Never goes away. Eventually, I will have to click Cancel. Then I get the "Unspecified Server Error" again.

I have Windows 10, and I have URU CC installed and running (I completed the game, actually, so it runs well.) It's from Steam, if that matters. The Uru CC off-line game runs perfectly fine on this PC. I have deleted and re-copied and re-installed the new deep island client folder many times, but no matter what, I can't get past creating a player.

I've also searched here and found no similar topics, so I'm creating this one. Please help.
Thanks in advance.
neurovac

Re: First install- Stuck at creating player

Postby Sirius » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:08 am

Importing player saves is unsupported and will cause issues, it's best to leave it alone. Just use the normal "create player" option.
Hmmm... If you did all the GoMe guide told you, then the only thing that I can think of is to run the game as admin.
There is also the possibility that DI needs time to sync with the user database here if you just created an account... But since you appear to be able to log in, that's probably not the issue.
Sorry I can't be of more help, keep trying and let us know if the issue persists :|
Sirius

Postby neurovac » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:21 pm

Thanks for the reply. I started uru.exe as Administrator and it seems to be working OK. Looks like this plays like the offline version - I'm in the cleft!
Yay.
neurovac

Postby Sirius » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:33 am

Good to hear :) Enjoy !
Sirius

Postby JanB » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:28 am

Due to my recent M2 s SSD pley disk crash I missed my Deep Island Shard Installation and reinstalled it from scratch on another SSD, but now I get the following error (started with URU Exe): Error while playing running URO Starter : "The age dat/AhnySphere02.age is not installed , but required to login. Uru can not be started. Please help.
JanB

Postby JanB » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:14 am

See screenshot
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-08 130914.jpg
Screenshot 2022-03-08 130914.jpg (16.96 KiB) Viewed 3341 times
JanB

Postby JanB » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:53 am

Fixed it with a complete new installation
JanB