ELODEA and ALABASTER Update

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

ELODEA and ALABASTER Update

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:43 am

Hello Ehren and all otheres :)
yes, the updates of Elodea Mainland and Alabaster are now online and Diafero has also made them available for download via Drizzle (UAM) for your Offline installation.

In all worlds there are 7 cloths, so also in Elodea Oberwelt. If you do not know where they are feel free to ask.

I splitted Alabaster in two pieces. In Alabaster and Alabaster 2. There are two Books in the shelf.
You can also find them in the Elodea book (middle) or in Nexus.
Alabaster is one Age and so there are only one time 7 cloths !
Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to check everything on function.
Elodea seems ok to me at the moment.
In Alabaster i found a problem with a door on a short visit.
I have to look at the rest and try to fix the bugs.
As you know, i can do such things only in my free time.
Since I also have a full time job, this time is rather limited.
That's why I ask for some leniency, if not everything works right the first time.
I hope you still have fun exploring my worlds and the crashes remain in the frame. :?

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Re: ELODEA and ALABASTER Update

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:31 am

I understand you , Dulcamara. I know the problems coming in the creation of age. this is the reason i have use 2 years for Tentsahveet and only 13 month for Lonirvan. There are many things who change in the progress of the job, and something in a moment work, in another moment crash and you most restore it in some mode. Take your time for the job: the work is more important, and all us know the things of life how going. Thanks for your Job Dulcamara. I will see your ages in the new version at first occasion. Thanks again. And good job :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:05 am

Hello Jhon J. Jaguar :) :) :)
Thank you for your kind words.
Yes, it takes a lot of ambition to work on the same problems again and again. To finally finish it, so that everyone is satisfied.
We are now only a hand full of Agebuilder and the feedback is less and less. I miss Annabelle, Janaba, Ainia and of course Wamduskasapa.
They all have had everytime kind words.
The feedbacks for the new ages Laki'anay", "Argosy", "Giloto" and "Cholanay" by Jaruku and Rocketdog or your beautiful age Tentsahveet are very rar.
So it is a miracle that we are still going on.
But maybe that's the life. For a controversial topic, you can maybe get excited faster, than for a nice thing .... :? :?

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:02 pm

yes, they are also missing from me. :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Ehren » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Okay, I had to use the guide, but I got to cloth 7 of Elodea now. It was tricky because:
Show Spoiler

Oh, by the way, the water tower in Elodea lets you climb the ladder even when it's out of reach.

Also, Alabaster is starting to go fairly well for me now, I like the system of transfer between Alabaster and Alabaster2.

One last thing, despite my name being a German word for "honor", I can't understand most German, but the journals converted to English have grammar/spelling mistakes. So my question is would you like a proof-reader for the English stuff? I could directly edit the English parts of the books' Journal .py files, then send them to you to review as they look in-game. I try very hard not to assume anything and change any meaning, just to make it more natural for English reading, but I want to know if you are interested in this?
Ehren

Postby Dulcamara » Tue May 01, 2018 12:00 am

Hello Ehren,
you write
So my question is would you like a proof-reader for the English stuff? I could directly edit the English parts of the books' Journal .py files

The translations were made by a friend from Germany. I can translate it only with Google translator, so it would be nice if an expert looks on it.

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Return to Deep Island