Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Lehnah » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:08 am

Korovev wrote:Obligatory calendar reminder: https://bit.ly/GoMe_cal_uk :)

Thanks mate! :D
Lehnah

Postby Zephyon » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Man, I hate these intros. I've played Myst and Riven so long ago that I'm sure I've forgotten plenty. I ran around a bit when MO:UL first started. Life got in the way and MO:UL disappeared. I moved on. I was surprised and very happy to learn that the code was open source and that a community effort to maintain and improve it was underway. My coding background is Fortran, Cobol, Pascal, and a little Java from so far back I'm obsolete in those languages. I have a lot of time and I've been tinkering with some of the newer languages. I'm not going to commit to much more than playing and code-poking right now, but I'll let you know if/when I feel competent enough to contribute more.

Z
Zephyon

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Zephyon wrote:Man, I hate these intros. I've played Myst and Riven so long ago that I'm sure I've forgotten plenty. I ran around a bit when MO:UL first started. Life got in the way and MO:UL disappeared. I moved on. I was surprised and very happy to learn that the code was open source and that a community effort to maintain and improve it was underway. My coding background is Fortran, Cobol, Pascal, and a little Java from so far back I'm obsolete in those languages. I have a lot of time and I've been tinkering with some of the newer languages. I'm not going to commit to much more than playing and code-poking right now, but I'll let you know if/when I feel competent enough to contribute more.

Welcome, Z!

If you want to get started poking at the code, we have a sort of Quick Start Guide that might help. Feel free to drop into our GoW IRC channel if you have any questions or just want to chat about the code.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion