I've been working since January... Erm, actually, I worked all of January, then stopped, then trashed everything and started over in late May...
Anyway, you guys (may or may not) know that I have been working on a tool to replace PRP Explorer. So, after working, working, working, I've decided that I need some feedback from you guys on how Plasma Explorer should work. So, I'm releasing to you a development copy of Plasma Explorer (release codename "Public Feedback Release"... creative, no?), straight out of he main development branch for your feedback. You should note that write support is disabled and HIGHLY UNTESTED (savvy people could probably turn it on, but I have never tried it myself, so I'd recommend you don't either ). I'm not looking for bug reports at this time, since I am very aware that things are a bit buggy. What I'm looking to get from this is A) What kinds of editors you guys want to see. B) If the current editor design is up-to-scratch. C) Anything you feel may be helpful for the development process!
Okay, enough about that, let's talk about getting Plasma Explorer PFR. Before downloading plEX, you will need this following software.
- * Microsoft's .NET Framework 2.0
* SlimDX (I developed this on the June 2008 release)
* Microsoft's DirectX SDK
Once you have all of the aforementioned software installed, you can grab Plasma Explorer, which is just a little zip file
Now, let me share with you bugs that I know about... Keep in mind that I'm not too terribly interested in bugs at this time (unless they're major show-stoppers)!
- * You can't open two ages with the same PageID/Location at the same time... So no PotS Phil's Relto and MOUL Tsogal at the same time!
* The "Render Object" feature does very little other than waste some CPU cycles (unless the object just *happens* to be in the default viewport...)
* The DrawableSpans reader will probably choke on MOUL and Hex Isle... I haven't spent time debugging that.
* Myst 5 and Hex Isle have some... Issues... With the LogicModifier and Envmap editors
* The Mipmap reader will barf if it finds an uncompressed texture
* The "Blend Flags" in the layer editor LIE... Meaning, they're not hooked up to the data yet.
* The Layer Editor is a bit... Buggy... On MOUL
You should also note that Plasma Explorer is licensed under the GNU GPL3, so the source code is available in a subversion repository here. You should use the trunk revision 1. Plasma and PlasmaExplorer are the relevant VS Projects... Ignore the other project, it does nothing useful (yet...)
Thanks for the interest and good luck!
Another edit, these are the editors that are supported: ClothingBase, ClothingItem, ClothingOutfit, CubicEnvironmap, DrawInterface, GMaterial, Layer, LogicModifier, Mipmap, PostEffectMod, SimulationInterface, and VisRegion