ULM & Offline Ki Incompatible?

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

ULM & Offline Ki Incompatible?

Postby I.Brattin » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 pm

I needed a way to look at my ages right as I worked on them. And Drizzle does not have that function yet that I have seen. So I installed a second copy of Uru with ULM. That was fine and all but in turn I wanted Flymode to make touring the age easier. So I went and got the offline Ki. Now here is where things go wrong.

I followed the instructions for the manual instruction that I found here. Since I had ULM already installed I went straight to adding the Offline Ki. Now ULM doesn't work. I did everything those instructions said and there is no books being added to my Relto shelf at all.

Help.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Re: ULM & Offline Ki Incompatible?

Postby I.Brattin » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:51 pm

It surprises me no one has a solution. Is this the first time this has happened that none of the books added via ULM are to be found on Relto shelf?

For now I found a workaround as they are being added to the Nexus. Still it would have been nice to have them added to Relto, one step less to be able to view them.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby ddb174 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:10 pm

Actually, it's really easy to do with the Offline-KI. Just type /link agename

Alternatively you could link to the Nexus and find it at the end of the list.

There's no need to edit any config files.
ddb174

Postby diafero » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 am

If you *really* want to use ULM to set your Relto books, you can remove the ULMServerLinkBook.inf file from your Uru directory, Offline KI will then create the Relto according to what ULM saves. However, if all you want is just linking to a so-far unreleased age for testing, there really is no need to use ULM - "/link Agename" is (in my eyes) even more comfortable than a Relto book, and you can continue to use your main installation with Drizzle. You can also manually create links in the Relto Shelf with the Offline KI following the instructions at http://diafero.bplaced.net/technical.html .
However, both the manually added links and removing the config file will of coruse be un-done when you upgrade the Offline KI, unless you manually take care of it.

It surprises me no one has a solution.
That was less than 9 hours between your two posts. Do you really expect us to reply to every thread within 9 hours, especially if these are during the night? (yes, there are people here who live in Europe)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby I.Brattin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 am

While that give a workaround. I would still like to try and fix the main problem. Why are the books for ages I add via ULM not showing up in Relto anymore. They showed up before I installed the offline Ki.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
I.Brattin

Postby diafero » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:49 am

It's not a bug, it's supposed to work that way.
Because Offline KI uses ULMServerLinkBook.inf for the books (it has it's own definition where a selection of ages gets specific places in your Shelf). Only if that file does not exist, it falls back to using the file ULM writes.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Uru Library Manager