To fix this, a new page numbering scheme was proposed. This would require a plan of action involving all of the shell developers, something like the following:
- Develop a script/application based on libHSPlasma that would renumber the PRP files. This utility could also decompile and re-compile the PRPs, making them smaller and decreasing the loading time.
- Execute the script on the latest release of Ahra Pahts
- Fix the page numbers in the .age file and the Python paging scripts
- Release the renumbered Ahra Pahts
- Update all shell-related Wiki pages to reflect the change
- Write a Python script for Blender that renumbers all geometry with one page number to a new page number
- PM the script to each shell developer who needs to renumber their shell, i.e. shells 224-240, 301-340, 401-440
We could also use this as an opportunity to 'shake the tree' and see if there's anyone who would like to incorporate their shell into the next release, or if they no longer want their shell. I could go so far as to say that anyone who doesn't read their PM in 6 months will lose their shell, since we have many former members that have moved on (and few remaining available shells).
Any comments or suggestions?
[EDIT: Changed 'pack' to 'compile']