Gehn.23 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.23 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Changes in this build:
  • Fix audio synchronization issue in the Great Zero.
  • Fix bizarre camera angles introduced in Gehn.22.
  • Fix crash encountered when quitting the game in certain situations.
  • Fix extremely loud heek table drone sound.
  • Fix framerate stutter observed when KI Chat arrives in large ages (e.g. Ae'gura).
  • Fix garbled player names in KI Chat.
  • Restore Great Zero Calibration Mission functionality.
  • Restore user marker quest functionality.
  • Update game icons for the Windows desktop.
  • Retract phong shader.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn.23 Live!

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Now someone needs to make a mission for Minkata. When you do please send it to me :P
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi, guys, Gehn.23 is a nice surprise! I created a new avvie and can confirm that the annoying camera bug at the cog wheel that made Gahreesen so tricky has been fixed. Thanks! I'll enjoy testing everything else in due course.

However - so far I can't get Gehn.23 on my old, Win 7 laptop - it sticks on "launching" and doesn't convert from v22 to v23. My newer Win 8.1 laptop worked fine. I have tried rebooting the old laptop, I've checked there are no zombie launchers running etc but no joy.

This is the reverse of the glitch that affected me for Gehn.22 - then it was the win 8.1 laptop (not windowed) that wouldn't work.

Another glitch that's new to me - I'd started my new avvie collecting the first tranche of GZ markers, then I quit the game. When I came back, the Ki showed no colour - just plain blue. I went back to the GZ observation to see if I could restart the mission but there was nothing doing; and I checked: it's not credited me with the first set either - I don't have the link to the GZ proper.
Acorn

Postby janaba » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:55 pm

I've just updated to Gehn.23 and everything went smooth and very fast on my Win 7 desktop pc ... I've checked the Gahreesen camera angle bug, which has been resolved for me ... Yeah, I think there's not much more to check except the Great Zero calibration and the creation of marker quests, which I'll leave for experts and enthusiasts like Annabelle, Acorn etc ... Besides that it is wonderful to see the considerably diminished list of the 'Known Issues' ... Congrats and Kudos! to the H'Uru team, everything feels absolutely great and stable ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:39 pm

Everytime there's an update, I have to go straight up to the last "fix". It's always inintelligible :lol:

All the other fixes, I go...

hmm ok
ah that's fine
well it makes sense
and for the last one, :? I'm completely puzzled.

I didn't reinstalled Gehn shard yet. I will check the marker quest enability when I'll proceed with the installation. Great to know this functionality is back! :)

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Now someone needs to make a mission for Minkata. When you do please send it to me :P

I guess you need it for the kivas. That shouldn't be that hard to make one.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Deledrius » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Annabelle wrote:
Tsar Hoikas wrote:Now someone needs to make a mission for Minkata. When you do please send it to me :P

I guess you need it for the kivas. That shouldn't be that hard to make one.

He's a lazy, lazy Hoikas. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Korovev » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:19 am

Wouldn’t it be possible to copy a few Marker Games from MagicBot using the Marker Editor?
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:25 pm

No.

The most practical reason being that Gehn Shard marker games work totally different than what happens on any MOUL or MOSS based server. The second reason is that no one should be attempting to connect to the Gehn Shard with anything other than the Gehn client. Our code is very different from MOULa's at this point and bringing random clients onto the shard could cause very bad things to happen. Please do not use anything other than the approved Gehn client.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Annabelle » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:47 pm

@Adam: You should have in your KI a game called : "Paths to Kivas (Minkata)" :)

The hot keys F7 (add markers) & F8 (create a marker game) don't seem to be working in Gehn.

To create a new marker game, you need to click on the marker icon on your KI device. You won't see an invite windows like in MOULa (after pressing F8). You need to go in your age folder and you'll see the new created game.

To add a marker, you need to have your KI big screen open. It's not the best system but I guess marker game processes will be improved in future version of Gehn. It makes the whole process longer because, you have to literally stop. Open your KI twice, click on "add marker", then close your KI, and on to the next marker...

To delete a marker, you need to click on "delete" on your KI big screen just like in MOULa but then you won't be automatically transported back to the marker game main window, you need to click on the "back" button to do so.

The other functions seem to be just like in MOULa.

It would be great to test if the playability is there. In Edit mode, it works fine, I don't know if in Play mode, it goes fine or not.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Sirius » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:36 pm

Great job fixing those damnable markers !

Can we hope that, someday, the Capture and Hold game types are brought back as well ? These sound like a lot of fun :D
Sirius

Next

Return to Gehn Shard