Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Drizzle 32 ! (experimental)

Postby Sirius » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 am

Chacal wrote:This flag can have a huge performance impact.
For playing around once or twice it is useful, but if you want something more elegant you should make your own simplified colliders in Blender, export them in a .prp and add them to the age .ini.

Agreed, on larger Ages it can become quite taxing. This is mostly just for fun but shouldn't be used for regular gameplay.

Théodore wrote:But my big issue is Blender itself. I tried quite some times to install it. As far as having it on my PC that's not the issue; it's rather that I cannot import uru ages in it. There's something with the importer.

Which importer are you using (and on which version of Blender) ? I recommend using the ZLZ importer with Blender 2.7x over the old PyPRP importer on Blender 2.4. ZLZ is much simpler to setup (its only requirement is Korman), and overall performs better.

Théodore wrote:Is it my version of python?

In that case it shouldn't be a problem. Having a separate Python install is useful when using Plasmashop/PyPRP or sometimes with Korman, but the ZLZ importer does not use it.

Théodore wrote:Oh yeah BTW I read all about your Opening the Cavern challenge!

Agreed, that challenge was very fun. Lots of cool areas to explore :)

Théodore wrote:I didn't comment on it because it is a rather old subject. I always wanted to know how you or even Race (Negilahn & Payiferen) were able to change the prp by adding new collisions and removing some invisible blockades. I'd be interested.

Oh, feel free to start a thread for any kind of question like this.
From what I remember (this isn't exactly how Chacal did it, but it's slightly easier IMHO):
Removing objects is fairly simple - once you know the object's name, you just look up its Generic Physical object in PRPShop, and delete it. It will only delete the collision - the object itself will still be visible.
Creating new collisions is more complex. You need to import the Age in Blender, create your new collider. Then delete all objects but your collider. Put your collider on a new "page". Export the Age with the same name/sequence prefix as the original, but in a temporary location. Then copy the PRP corresponding to the new "page" you created back into Uru's DAT folder. Open the .AGE file in PRPShop, add this PRP to the list.
(This was the very-fast version, if you need more info don't hesitate to ask :D )
Sirius

Postby Théodore » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:30 pm

Thank you Sirius!

I downloaded your importer, I installed Korman yesterday with Blender 2.79

Sirius wrote:Oh, feel free to start a thread for any kind of question like this.
From what I remember (this isn't exactly how Chacal did it, but it's slightly easier IMHO):
Removing objects is fairly simple - once you know the object's name, you just look up its Generic Physical object in PRPShop, and delete it. It will only delete the collision - the object itself will still be visible.
Creating new collisions is more complex. You need to import the Age in Blender, create your new collider. Then delete all objects but your collider. Put your collider on a new "page". Export the Age with the same name/sequence prefix as the original, but in a temporary location. Then copy the PRP corresponding to the new "page" you created back into Uru's DAT folder. Open the .AGE file in PRPShop, add this PRP to the list.
(This was the very-fast version, if you need more info don't hesitate to ask :D )

The removing part is easy! I already made some personal customizations to several ages (including some fan ages). I will first get accustomed to Blender/Korman/ZLZ, read tutorials, and will come back for questions. Thanks!
Théodore

Postby Deledrius » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:46 pm

Théodore wrote:The removing part is easy! I already made some personal customizations to several ages (including some fan ages). I will first get accustomed to Blender/Korman/ZLZ, read tutorials, and will come back for questions. Thanks!

Let me know what holes you find. I've been working through reorganizing and filling in missing documentation lately... ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:15 am

Sirius wrote:However this still won't work. It seems Drizzle has a bug when processing Teledahn. I'll see if I can fix this by the week end...

Fixed ! I updated the link on the first page. Re-download Drizzle, and try using the -exactcollisions on Teledahn...

(You'll see linking to Teledahn takes much longer - around 3 minutes on my PC. This is normal. Personally I didn't notice any more lag once I regained control over the avatar.)
Sirius

Postby Théodore » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:38 pm

Thank you Sirius! I'll give it a shot :)
Théodore

Postby RowanSkye » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:37 am

Hello! I've been using Drizzle 32 for a while now so I can see fanmade Ages while also seeing how to actually create one. My problem now is that Drizzle doesn't seem to like importing MOULa Ages to Uru:CC, always having java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space and it keeps on a "Working" state, locking any access from using Drizzle.

Is there a way to get this to work? Does this mean that Drizzle needs an update?

Show Spoiler
RowanSkye

Postby Sirius » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:55 pm

Maybe the MOUL files changed or something. I'm a bit busy IRL this week, but I'll have a look this weekend !
Sirius

Postby Korovev » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:06 am

I wonder if Doobes’ ages in MOUL are clashing with their equivalents in the UAM database.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Sirius » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Thanks for the detailed report, RowanSkye ! I found the error and am working on fixing it.

It's not a problem with UAM itself (which is just the Age downloader and has no knowledge of what's inside the PRPs). But Korovev, you weren't far off: this has to do with Cyan's Ages that Doobes modified. Since those were exported with Korman, they sometime use new features of the PRP file format which neither Drizzle32 nor Drizzle31 know about yet (meaning it's now impossible to convert MOUL Ages for use in Deep Island). Fortunately this isn't too hard to fix, I'll provide an updated version of both soon.

However Deep Island expects one particular version of all Ages, and will refuse to Link you to an Age if your version isn't the same as the one on the server. This means we'll have to install the new version including Doobes' modifications on Deep Island, and have everyone reconvert their MOUL install for DI. This is also true for future updates to MOULa. A bit annoying, but that's the only option we have.
Sirius

Postby I.Brattin » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:39 pm

It's not just Deep Island. I reinstalled Uru yesterday after being away from it for awhile. I'm not even trying to convert MOUL for DI but for Offline and I get the same error.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development